Who should take this course?
System administrators who will administer and configure 8x8 Work solutions.
This 2 hour 30 minute 8x8 Work Administration and Configuration self-paced interactive course provides administrators with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform common 8x8 Work administrative tasks. Trainees will have the opportunity to review completed configuration settings, followed by practice exercises which simulate tasks within the actual interface.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the primary administrative tasks involved with 8x8 Work configuration
- Review a business scenario to determine how to plan and configure initial setup features for an 8x8 workflow
- Preview the setup of Users and Administrators and practice common tasks to set up users based on job role and location
- Preview and practice the steps to configure Work Groups: Call Queues, Ring Groups, Barge-Monitor-Whisper Groups, Group Call Pickup
- Identify the Auto Attendant in enabling call routing capabilities and practice the setup of Auto Attendant Schedules and Call Handling features.
- Practice the ongoing administrative tasks which are common to a business workflow once 8x8 Work is configured
- Overview and Terms
- Initial Setup
- Users and Administrator
- Auto Attendant
- Ongoing Administration
- Additional Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
I am new to 8x8. How do I get training?
The 8x8 University offers both fee-based training for end users and administrators, and free online training for selected products. If you wish to enroll in fee-based training and training was not included on your sales order, contact your sales representative or email email@example.com.
What is virtual, instructor-led training (VILT)?
VILT classes are led live by an 8x8 instructor and delivered virtually, via computer and audio connection.
What are the technical requirements to attend a virtual, instructor-led training class?
Participants need a computer, audio connection (headset), internet access, and the ability to connect to the web meeting.
How can I enroll in classes?
What is open enrollment?
An open enrollment class is open to participants regardless of their company affiliation.
I have more than one Admin that needs training – can I have them all sit in a conference room to attend the training?
No, all training is on a per-person/per-seat basis. If you have additional colleagues that need to attend, please work with your sales representative to purchase additional seats.
How long will access be available for courses purchased?
What is the maximum time period available to schedule remote training sessions or Adoption Kit consultation calls?
Sessions and consultation calls must be booked within six months from the date of the order placed with 8x8.