Who should take this course?
System administrators who will administer and configure 8x8 Work solutions. Managers and supervisors who need business and system information.
This interactive self-paced course gives you the knowledge and skills to manage and run Analytics for 8x8 Work. The Analytics for 8x8 Work course covers use, configuration, and automation of business and system reports, including: core analytics information; agent, ring group, and queue status performance; endpoint status; individual call details; and extension summary graphing. You will also discover its ability to accumulate data and identify key trends and patterns to prepare and plan the daily operations of your business.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Configure Analytics for 8x8 Work
- Compare and contrast Essentials with Supervisor permissions
- Access and interpret call detail records
- Use the Company Summary, Extension Summary, Active Calls, and Unreturned Calls reports to assist in organization optimization
- Run Call Quality reports to identify system health issues
- Run queue and ring group reports and present wallboards
- Display employee call and activity status
- Use the Business Hours report to identify missed calls and inform business decisions
- Report on meeting activity and usage
- Schedule automated report distribution
- Share data from reports for archiving or additional analysis
- Identify additional resources including APIs, support, and detailed metrics definitions
Frequently Asked Questions
I am new to 8x8. How do I get training?
The 8x8 University offers both fee-based training for end users and administrators, and free online training for selected products. If you wish to enroll in fee-based training and training was not included on your sales order, contact your sales representative or email email@example.com.
What is virtual, instructor-led training (VILT)?
VILT classes are led live by an 8x8 instructor and delivered virtually, via computer and audio connection.
What are the technical requirements to attend a virtual, instructor-led training class?
Participants need a computer, audio connection (headset), internet access, and the ability to connect to the web meeting.
How can I enroll in classes?
What is open enrollment?
An open enrollment class is open to participants regardless of their company affiliation.
I have more than one Admin that needs training – can I have them all sit in a conference room to attend the training?
No, all training is on a per-person/per-seat basis. If you have additional colleagues that need to attend, please work with your sales representative to purchase additional seats.
How long will access be available for courses purchased?
What is the maximum time period available to schedule remote training sessions or Adoption Kit consultation calls?
Sessions and consultation calls must be booked within six months from the date of the order placed with 8x8.