Get 8x8 Certified
About 8x8 Certification
8x8 Certification programs provide the skills you need to configure, deploy, and support 8x8’s Virtual Office and 8x8 Virtual Contact Center.
Administrator Certification Tracks
To become certified, a candidate must pass the proctored Virtual Office or Virtual Contact Center Administrator Certification exam. Candidates new to 8x8 may complete an Administration and Configuration workshop and a Troubleshooting and Advanced Topics course to prepare for the exam.
Virtual Office Track
To begin complete the 8x8 Academy’s online End User Training
Virtual Contact Center Track
To begin complete the 8x8 Academy’s online Agent and Supervisor Training
Deployment Certification Tracks
First, achieve Admin Certification for Virtual Office or Virtual Contact Center. Next, complete the Deployment Process class (including the shadowing requirement). Finally, pass the Deployment Certification exam for Virtual Office or Virtual Contact Center.
Support Certification Tracks
First, achieve Admin Certification for Virtual Office or Virtual Contact Center. Next, complete the Support Process class. Finally, pass the Support Certification exam for Virtual Office or Virtual Contact Center.
Ready to begin? Register for our certification workshops here!
- 8x8 Academy Certification (Virtual Office or Virtual Contact Center) verifies that an individual can correctly configure, administer, and troubleshoot 8x8 product solutions.
- 8x8 Deployment and 8x8 Support certifications build on basic and advanced technical skills, and equip the individual to deploy or support 8x8 systems, for a company or for partner customers.
- Certified individuals gain access to a higher level of 8x8 Customer/Technical Support.
- Deep product knowledge helps System Administrators manage 8x8 system.
What certifications does 8x8 offer?
8x8 offers six certifications – three tracks for each product:
- Administrator Certified: Virtual Office, Virtual Contact Center
- Deployment Certified: Virtual Office, Virtual Contact Center
- Support Certified: Virtual Office, Virtual Contact Center
Candidates may seek one, several, or all six certifications.
What is the minimum requirement to become certified?
- Certified Administrator: Pass the Certified Administrator exam (Virtual Office or Virtual Contact Center)
- Deployment Certified: Achieve Certified Administrator (Virtual Office or Virtual Contact Center), complete Deployment Process training, complete customer shadowing, and pass Deployment Certification exam
- Support Certification: Achieve Certified Administrator (Virtual Office or Virtual Contact Center), complete Support Process training, and pass Support Certification exam
Is training mandatory?
The only requirement for Admin Certification is to pass the Admin Certification exam for Virtual Office or Virtual Contact Center; however we recommend that candidates new to 8x8 complete training first. Deployment Process and Support Process training is mandatory, if seeking those certifications.
Can certification be transferred?
8x8 Certification belongs to the individual who earns it, even if that person changes job roles or employer. Certification cannot be transferred to other individuals within a company.
How is the Certification test administered?
Certification tests are administered as a proctored, closed-book exam, by 8x8’s testing partner, Kryterion. The test can be taken online using biometric authentication (which requires the candidate to have a webcam and internet connection) or at a physical test location. Kryterion has more than 1,000 test locations in more than 120 countries.
How do I sign up for the exam?
To get started, you will need to create a new account and register for the exam. The links are below:
New Account Creation:
Registration for Exam:
Do you offer training packages or bundles that lead to certification?
Yes. Certifications Bundles offer a value-based package of training courses and one attempt for each exam required to complete one or more certification tracks. Available bundles include: includes Admin Configuration Training, Advanced Topics, and Troubleshooting, and one certification exam voucher.
- Virtual Office Administrator Certification
- Virtual Office Deployment Certification
- Virtual Office Support Certification
- Virtual Office Deployment and Support Certification
- Virtual Contact Center Administrator Certification
- Virtual Contact Center Deployment Certification
- Virtual Contact Center Support Certification
- Virtual Contact Center Deployment and Support Certification
How soon will I know whether I pass the certification exam?
Test results are provided immediately upon completion of the online examinations. Successful candidates will be able to print a Certified Administrator certificate from the test site, and 8x8 Academy will be notified of results.
What is the passing exam score?
The passing score for 8x8 certification exams is 80%. Exams are proctored and administered by
our testing partner, Kryterion.
Want to browse our courses and schedules?
Our learning portal details all our training in one comprehensive list.
View our course catalog >
What is 8x8 Academy?
8x8 Academy is your one stop solution to your training needs.
Visit our FAQ >
Need more support help?
8x8 Support knowledge base has the answers to your questions.
Find your answers >