How a Sales Support Specialist and The Right Software Can Improve Your Sales Team
Your sales support defines how well your company will perform overall because it's such a crucial element of growing a business. If you want to enhance the customer experience and increase agent productivity while building customer loyalty, you'll need to consider having a sales support specialist who knows what they're doing. And if you combine that with first-rate technology that empowers agents to deliver exceptional customer service and even better customer experience, you'll have a recipe for success. Not only will you improve your overall sales processes, but you'll also get an added increase in revenue due to higher customer retention rates. Let's take a look at how a sales support specialist with the right tools can help improve your sales team. But first, we'll discuss just what a sales support specialist is and does.
What Is A Sales Support Specialist?
A sales support specialist is someone responsible for providing support to sales representatives, responding to customer queries, keeping records of sales trends, and managing sales tracking tools. They might also handle tasks like:
- Monitoring and developing performance indicators
- Suggesting improvements to the sales process
- Providing troubleshooting assistance for orders, information on account statuses, and other similar problems
- Staying up-to-date regarding new products, benefits, and features
- Ensuring overall exceptional customer experience and service
With special software designed to make managing these tasks easier, your sales support specialist will be better equipped to handle those queries and monitor sales performance better. With analytics, your sales support specialist will have the insights they need to make smarter business decisions.
In order to be successful, your sales support specialist should have great communication skills and the ability to work with and lead a team. This person should also have sufficient knowledge of sales principles and customer service practices. Coupled with top-of-the-line contact center software, your sales team will be prepared to deliver high-quality customer service.
What Kind of Software Will A Sales Support Specialist Need?
In order for your sales support specialist to provide superior service to both customers and sales reps, you need to give them the tools they need to perform well on the job. For example, software as a service (SaaS) solutions like contact center as a service (CCaaS) or unified communications as a service (UCaaS) can give your sales support specialist and your agents resources that help them improve customer interactions, gain insights into customer behavior, and improve the overall customer experience. Let's take a closer look at how.
- CCaaS. CCaaS is a cloud-based customer experience solution that allows you to better communicate with customers and prospects better by getting insights into customer interactions and analyzing call recordings. CCaaS solutions tend to be a lot cheaper and more flexible - perfect for growing companies. Contact center software can give your agents everything they need in one place and additional features like contact center analytics, workforce management, CRM integration, quality management, an agent console, and agent supervisor tools. With features like these, your agents will be able to easily manage customer interactions, oversee critical metrics in the contact center, and get insight into agent performance, as well as other contact center operations.
- UCaaS. UCaaS is a cloud-based unified communications solution that provides a suite of tools great for team collaboration. UCaaS features typically include things like video conferencing, online meetings, business messaging, and presence technology, among others. Unified communications solutions can help connect your agents from all over the world safely and securely (and in compliance with security and compliance standards).
A knowledgeable sales support specialist coupled with a CCaaS or UCaaS solution from the right provider can give your sales team the boost it needs to help you manage sales better and provide high-quality customer service. A UCaaS or CCaaS solution could be just the tool you need to enhance your sales team's productivity as well as increase revenue and improve the customer experience. So if you're looking for a comprehensive, cloud-based solution that can help your agents perform better, you might want to consider one of the above-mentioned solutions for a more structured and simplified sales management experience.
Call centers rely on their technology to empower them to be as productive as possible. With 8x8's Virtual Contact Center you get world-class technology and everything your call center needs in one place. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.