VoIP and Network Quality Manager: Managing Call Quality and Network Performance
Your VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) system is only as good as the internet connection and the network it uses to handle your calls. That makes it important to choose the best VoIP provider, employ a strong internet connection, and monitor the quality of service on your network.
VoIP And Network Quality Manager: Diagnose Network Problems
Depending on the network solution you have in place, a network quality manager may also be referred to as a VoIP Monitor or IP SLA Manager. Regardless of what it is called, it is a diagnostic tool that generates and analyzes traffic along your IT network. It allows you to keep track of the quality of your network and troubleshoot potential problems.
Network quality manager software will provide real-time and historical stats. This helps to diagnose current conditions against performance baselines and identify the root cause of a problem in case performance suffers. This software is particularly effective when you have to manage multiple sites from a central location.
How They Work Together
Your Network Quality Manager monitors network traffic and your QoS (Quality of Service) of your VoIP calls. It can help you identify any distortion, noise, or latency by correlating call issues with WAN (Wide Area Network) performance to help find problem areas.
The Network Quality Manager sends out simulated traffic across the network. This performance of this simulation node is compared to historical data to compare. You can set up automated warnings to alert you when there are slowdowns or service interruptions.
Network Quality Manager Features
- Monitor VoIP call performance
- Troubleshoot VoIP call performance
- Set baselines for performance reviews
- VoIP & Network dashboards
- VoIP gateway and performance alerts
- Performance reports
- Trunk monitoring
- Configuring VoIP and Network Quality Manager Software
- Configuring your VoIP to work with your Network Quality Manager software is a simple job that can be done in less than an hour. Simply download, install, and deploy. Most software will automatically sniff out the routers on your network and handle the configuration to collect the QoS data it will need to analyze. In other words, you won't need to do much to get up and running after you install. Configuration can be handled during the installation of your VoIP system or added at a later date.
- Managing the QoS of your network and VoIP calls is straight-forward and easy if you have IT support in-house. If you do not have IT support on staff, it can be handled remotely by installers or as an add-on by your VoIP provider.
VoIP Leads To Increased Efficiency And Lower Costs
For years, your only real choice for managing a business phone system was the local phone company, copper wires, and expensive PBX systems. Adding phone lines or additional services meant engineers from the phone company coming to your location and often meant weeks before implementation. In addition, there was a charge for changes, monthly leased line fees, and charges for long-distance and international calls.
That all changed with the advent of VoIP. With no leased lines and no long-distance fees, businesses can save significant money over using traditional business phones systems.
The Benefits Of VoIP And Virtual Office
With a virtual office using VoIP, the management and administration of the system are handled through a simple cloud-based admin panel that lets you make changes on the fly without the support of a full-time IT staff. It connects mobile, desktop, remote, and at-home workers in a single network and lets you work on any device from anywhere at any time you have an internet connection.
- Virtual Office Features
- Simple administration
- Unlimited long-distance and international calls to most countries
- Mobile and desktop apps
- HD quality voice calls
- Team messaging and chat
- Voicemail and voicemail forwarding
- Encrypted calling to prevent unauthorized interception
- Audio and video conferencing
- Operator switchboard or Automated reception
- Call recording
When it comes to VoIP, 8x8 provides a reliable and compliant cloud solution at a demanding level rarely seen by other cloud providers. Don't take your chances with a subpar cloud-based telecom system. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.