How Can Unified Communications Technology Benefit the Workplace?
Unified communications technology allows organizations to do more with their communications systems while saving money and becoming more productive. This tech improves communications by making it more organized, transparent and easy to use. Keep reading to find out more about how unified communications can help your workplace.
What Are the Benefits of Unified Communications Technology in the Workplace?
Unified communications technology allows workplaces to quickly and efficiently collaborate on a variety of different projects. By bringing together different types of communications, unified communications can help your colleagues interact via phone, text, email, chat and other methods. Together, these systems can function under a single platform with readily accessible controls management and administrators can use to edit profiles and provide access.
Using these systems, you can share information and send messages without having to rely on a number of different apps and programs.
Here are a few of the main benefits:
- Cost: Thanks to cost savings generated by transmitting communications over the internet, unified communications technology can save your company money.
- Convenience: Having everything in a single portal is more convenient than having to use a bunch of different mailboxes and software systems at once.
- Fast communications: With this tech, it's easy to access instant communications and talk with coworkers who are in the same office or across the world as if they're located within the same building.
- Mobility: Take your communications features with you even when you're on the road or working remotely from home. Dial in and you're there.
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device): Your own devices, in many cases, can be connected to the UCaaS or brought into the software platform from elsewhere. Even your smartphone can play a role in your business communications if you need it to.
- Improved customer service: Offer better customer service and a higher level of service to your clientele with instant communications and a variety of different ways to serve.
- Advanced features: Access more features that allow you to customize and tailor your communications experience to your own needs and those of your customers.
- Boost productivity: Stay productive and organized with all of your messages available in one place so you don't miss anything.
- Learn a single system: With just one system to learn, it's easier to stay connected and avoid overwhelm.
- Track analytics: Through the right data gathering and analytics, you can find out how well your communications are working and check the metrics you need.
There are many other benefits besides these, too, depending on the system you choose and how your organization uses it.
What Is Unified Communications Technology?
Unified communications technology, as a term, originally came from the concept of unified messaging. With a unified messaging system, all of the messages and different types of communications belonging to one individual are within a single platform and one mailbox. Users can quickly check to see, hear and read their messages at-a-glance using one program instead of several. This makes the work of communicating between colleagues a little easy and more efficient — this is just one of the benefits of unified communications technology in the workplace.
How Does Unified Communications Technology Work?
Unified communications technology helps coworkers communicate and tackle important work challenges via a single platform. Messages are transmitted through the Internet between different system users. For telephony, this is referred to as VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) service. VoIP relies on SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) trunking to connect the phone service user directly to the PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network).
Thanks to software, keeping multiple types of communications together and making them accessible from one place is fairly easy to do. Unified communications software has a lot of different means of communication to keep organized.
Getting Started With Unified Communications Technology
Thanks to unified communications technology, your workplace can become more productive and access a variety of beneficial features while saving money and becoming more organized.
Your business needs every cog in your machine to be