Hot Desking for Phones
8x8 Hot Desk is an add-on to your Virtual Office service plan, enabling any end-user to log into a shared desk phone as if it were their own.
Use 8x8 Hot Desk to help:
- Add new employees without proportional increases in physical footprint and costs
- Reduce your investment in facilities and phone hardware costs
- Enable employees to be accessible and productive from any Hot Desk-enabled phone
- Maintain the professionalism of a single office extension even in co-working or shared office situations
Ways to Use Hot Desk
Shared Office/Co-working Space: Users from different companies can leverage the same phone hardware and desk while keeping their own phone number and voicemail access.
Traveling Sales or Field Team: Sales reps can log into any Hot Desk-enabled phone while working out of different offices, maintaining ease of reach and the professionalism of having a single phone number and extension.
24/7 Call Center: Shift workers at contact centers who share the same desk but maintain separate voicemail boxes and phone numbers can benefit from Hot Desk.
Hot Desk Features
- Easily make and receive calls and retrieve voicemail: Any extension user belonging to the same PBX as the host can easily log in and out of a Hot Desk host device by just entering *43 followed by the extension number and password.
- Maintain security and control: The Hot Desk host phone does not allow end-users to make or receive calls unless they are logged in as a guest.
- Make emergency calls without logging in: In case of emergency, end-users can dial out to an emergency number from a Hot Desk-enabled phone, such as 911 in North America.
Wide range of supported endpoints
8x8 Hot Desk is supported on a wide range of endpoints. See the Hot Desk User Guide for the list of supported phones.