Contact Center Reporting Tools Boost Customer Satisfaction
In an age where smart companies are using analytics to optimize their business functions, contact center reporting has become a key to delivering competitive customer service. Using call center reporting tools lets you track your support team’s performance so you can see where you’re falling short, identify where you need to improve and implement the adjustments you need to succeed.
But many companies aren’t yet taking advantage of the opportunity provided by today’s customer service analytics capability. In order to make today’s technology work for your call center, you first need to know how contact center reporting works, what tools are available, and how to pick a solution with the right reporting features. Here are some guidelines for how to leverage the power of contact center reporting in order to improve your support staff’s efficiency and increase your customer satisfaction levels.
Why You Need to Track Contact Center Performance?
Your customers’ experience of your contact center has a direct effect on their satisfaction, which in turn affects your bottom line. Customers who have an exceptional experience of a company spend an average of 140 percent more than those with a poor experience, a Medallia study found. How customers rate their experience of your business is in turn influenced by a number of call center key performance indicators. These include:
- How long it takes your agents to answer incoming calls
- What percentage of calls are abandoned before they are answered
- How long it takes agents to resolve customer issues
- How frequently calls need to be transferred
- How long callers are kept on hold
- What percentage of customer tickets are resolved on the first call
- How long it takes agents to follow up on service issues after completing calls
- Performance of individual agents in terms of knowledge and professionalism
- Channel mix of how many tickets are handled by phone versus other media
These and other key metrics have a direct impact on your call center performance, your customers’ satisfaction rate, and ultimately, your sales revenue. If you know how well your call center is doing on your important KPIs, you can take steps to adjust and improve them. However, if you don’t track your KPIs, you may be losing business without knowing why. Tracking contact center performance is the smart strategy to optimize your customer retention and profits.
How Contact Center Reporting Tracks Performance?
Contact center reporting is the systematic generation, analysis, and application of reports on the performance of your contact center. It is achieved by using an analytics dashboard platform to perform several key functions:
- Assigning which contact center KPIs your team will track
- Automating the collection of relevant data through integration with your contact center software
- Displaying collected data in a user-friendly dashboard format for use by your team
- Filtering data displays to support your desired applications
- Analyzing data so it can be put to practical use
By performing these functions, contact center reporting allows you to track and improve your support team’s performance.
Key Contact Center Reporting Tools
In order to deliver its intended benefits, a good contact center reporting platform(3) provides tools with a number of key features:
- The ability to collect vital data on key performance indicators
- Customization options for displaying desired data
- Ability to filter data by variables such as support channel, agent, or date range
- Analytics tools for spotting trends in data
- The ability to access data from the cloud or export it to a spreadsheet program
These features make contact center reporting a powerful tool for improving support efficiency and increasing customer satisfaction.
Choosing Contact Center Software with Built-in Reporting Features
Not all contact center software comes with native reporting features. Many platforms have to be supplemented with additional software to provide analytics capability. But today’s best contact center software(4) comes with built-in reporting features, such as:
- Unique dashboards displaying data on extensions call details, active calls, unreturned calls, and direct inbound numbers
- Supervisory displays to monitor agent performance and queue status and performance
- Data displays on KPIs affecting service quality, including the status of endpoint devices, individual call and mean opinion score (MOS) details, and extension summary graphs
These types of built-features set top-notch call center software apart from alternatives lacking these capabilities.
Contact center reporting tools give you the technological capability you need to provide your support managers and agents with the ability to deliver efficient customer service for stellar satisfaction. Call centers rely on their technology to empower them to be as productive as possible. With 8x8's Virtual Contact Center you get world-class technology and everything your call center needs in one place. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form(5) to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.