MMS messaging must be enabled
With Internet traffic now dominated by smartphone users, mobile messaging has become a primary marketing tactic for successful businesses. Messaging allows you to reach the vast number of prospects who access the Internet through their smartphones via texting or social media. It also gives you the ability to reach the increasing segment of consumers who prefer to seek customer support through messaging tools such as Facebook Messenger, providing superior service to boost customer satisfaction and sales. Messaging can also serve as a collaboration platform, integrating your internal communications with your customer interactions and streamlining your workflow.
But in order for your business to enjoy any of these advantages, MMS messaging must be enabled on your company’s devices. Here’s why you must enable MMS messaging, when you need to do it, and how to do it.
Why MMS Messaging Has Become Essential?
Over the last few years, mobile Internet usage has surpassed desktop usage to become the dominant form of web access. This year, nearly three-quarters of global Internet consumption came from mobile users, marketing agency Zenith estimates.(1) Over half of global Internet spending now goes to ads shows on mobile devices. For advertising purposes, the mobile Internet is now the Internet, says Zenith global intelligence head Jonathan Barnard.
For marketing teams, this has major implications for potential use cases of MMS:
- SMS and MMS messaging are now the best way to reach mass audiences. If you’re not using messaging for marketing, you’re missing today’s largest source of lead generation.
- MMS messaging adds multimedia graphics and sound appeal to your SMS messages. This can increase your open rates, boosting your sales.
- Customer service has also been transformed by messaging. One in five contact centers now use messaging for customer service. Customers increasingly prefer to seek self-service through tools such as SMS, MMS, and chatbots rather than calling companies on the phone. Deploying MMS can increase your customer satisfaction, promoting more sales.
- Collaboration tools have also been reshaped by messaging tools. Over one in five workers now use Microsoft Teams, which has passed Slack as the leading messaging collaboration tool.(3) Apps such as these are replacing the email paradigm of team collaboration, with effects that spill over into the way marketing, sales, and customer service teams collaborate.
These developments have made MMS messaging a critical part of any forward-thinking marketing team’s game plan.
When MMS Messaging Must Be Enabled
In order to use these MMS messaging applications, your team’s devices must have MMS messaging enabled. If MMS isn’t already enabled on a device, you can enable it. The exact steps to enable MMS are similar for all devices, but specifics vary from one platform to another. In general, you have to obtain the relevant settings for your carrier, such as their web address, username, and password, and then enter these into your phone. For instance, on Android devices,(4) you can enable MMS by entering your carrier’s settings by going into your phone’s Settings menu under More Networks and Mobile Networks (or similar options) and finding the Access Point Names option, where you can add your carrier’s information and save it. On an iPhone,(5) you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection and support from your carrier, and if you want to send group MMS messages you need to go under settings and turn on MMS messaging and Group Messaging. Consult your device manufacturer or carrier for details.
Features of a Winning MMS Messaging Communications Platform
In order for MMS messaging to work efficiently for your business and marketing team, you will also need a communications interface that can support an MMS messaging API, allowing your team members to send MMS messages from your internal communications platform. A suitable team messaging(6) infrastructure should preferably include a number of key characteristics:
- Native API support for integration with platforms and apps your marketing team uses, such as your CRM solution
- A unified communications platform that coordinates all your communications channels through a single user interface, including messaging as well as voice and meetings
- Universal availability for all employees in your global directory
- Ability to scale so you can add workers when required
- B2B collaboration capability, so you can communicate with contractors and suppliers in addition to customers
A communications infrastructure with these features will help you make optimal use of MMS marketing tools.
MMS messaging can help you reach the maximum number of prospects while delivering high customer satisfaction and optimizing your marketing, sales, and service teams’ collaboration. Collaboration is key to the success of any business. Whether you are using the Virtual Office Mobile app or the 8x8 Virtual Office desktop app, 8x8 makes collaboration quick and simple. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form(7) to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.