Marketing Collaboration Software: Five Questions to Ask
Oxford Dictionary describes the term “marketing” as the action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising. It's true that marketing has mostly been acknowledged as a non-technical profession for decades, but things have changed. Today, marketing has become a software-powered discipline because of unlimited customer data and various media channels.
Marketing is a more complex and technical discipline than it was 10 years ago or even since last year. Today's professionals should learn data literacy and specialize in various marketing tools, but is that good enough to be successful? The answer is no.
Being a guru on theories of marketing or technical tools does not solve the actual problem because marketing is not a one-man job. If you're not an indie hacker or side hustler, you need to build a marketing team to speed up your revenues. But it is not easy as it seems. When you need to get more customers, your marketing team needs to be stronger. And the road to stronger marketing campaigns starts with collaboration.
Why Use a Marketing Collaboration Tool
There are many cloud-based collaboration tools promising efficiency that scales across teams in any business. However, when it comes to marketing, collaboration is one of the most important skills for teams. Whether your marketing team operates in the same office or is distributed across different continents, you need to get the help of marketing collaboration tools. And, of course, your first move is to choose the right marketing collaboration software for you.
Working as a team has never been easy, but in the 21st century, we need to work harder because of real-time customer feedback. From brainstorms and meetings to launching large-scale marketing campaigns, you can speed up every process with the right collaboration tools to control customer reactions. Collaboration is all about constant communication. So you need to convince potential customers of different aspects, such as the quality of the product, price, integrations, and customer support, and then you can set up a continuous communication with them. Also, your most prominent assistant is your team who understands what communication is and how to use collaboration software to reach that goal.
Which Collaboration Tool Fits Your Company?
It doesn’t matter whether you are a small and medium-sized enterprise (SMBE) or a large enterprise, at the end of the day, your marketing activities must be designed to speed up revenue growth. Using a marketing collaboration tool can help you achieve those goals, but how do you choose one? Here are a few questions to make your selection easier:
- 1. Does the software have cloud call center integration? Cloud integration is one of the most important features of a marketing collaboration tool. Also, see if the software has a flexible architecture like a Virtual Contact Center. If the answers are yes, then it can help you keep pipelines full and demonstrate the return on marketing activities.
- 2. Do you need to gather insights in different ways? If you utilize surveys, follow-ups, or customer feedback, collaboration tools can help you and your team makes better business decisions, in a fast and scalable way. If you are gathering data and insights, you have to distribute efficiently.
- 3. Does it help manage your time and resources? Time is our most valuable commodity, and resource allocation is deeply connected with time management. If your choice has integrations with your most-used tools, then it's probably a good solution for you and your team.
- 4. Can it handle your strategy and strengthen team cooperation? You need to choose a marketing collaboration tool that helps to perform your strategy easily. But the strategy is not a theoretical fantasy, you have to implement it with your team. That's why you need to strengthen team cooperation.
- 5. Does your team need more flexibility or not? If you have a marketing team, you need a collaboration software that's flexible. When you use marketing collaboration software, your team members can work from different places, time frames, and time zones. Your choice should able to manage your team’s working hours easily to get their highest performance.
In short, software tools are the wheels of the marketing evolution. So as a marketing professional, you cannot move without them. However, while powerful marketing activities need the help of software, seamless collaboration mentality is the strength of your wheels. You cannot go far without having strong wheels. Ask the questions above to find the best marketing collaboration for your company, whether your company is a startup or a large enterprise.
Collaboration is key to the success of any business. Whether you are using the Virtual Office Mobile app or the 8x8 Virtual Office desktop app, 8x8 makes collaboration quick and simple. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.