Enterprise Collaboration Software: The Key to Effective Communication and Collaboration
In today's fast-paced business world, seamless communication and collaboration among teams distributed across the country or even the world is the key to growth and efficiency.
The use of enterprise collaboration software allows organizations to streamline the communication process, reduce errors, take advantage of the remote and global working environment, improve project management, strengthen team relationships, and accelerate the pace of business operations.
In addition, these tools enable employees to have more flexibility in their locations and working hours, helping organizations attract top talents without being restricted to a specific geographic region.
What Is Enterprise Collaboration Software?
Enterprise collaboration platforms enable a company’s employees to share information and work together on projects through a combination of software applications and collaborative processes. Many of these platforms are cloud-based, allowing workers access to the most updated data, documents, and comments in real-time.
There are many collaborative software applications to meet different needs, such as meeting collaboration software, desktop collaboration software, and real-time collaboration software.
Meeting Collaboration Software
The use of online meeting platforms allows teams from different locations to organize meetings on-the-fly and have real-time conversations in audio or video. Most of these applications are hosted in the cloud, so users can participate in meetings from anywhere with an internet connection.
Many of these platforms also integrate screen sharing, file sharing, and chat capabilities in their meeting room interface so employees can choose the most suitable way to collaborate.
These solutions are highly scalable, and corporations can have as many "meeting rooms" as they need. Many of them integrate with common conference room systems so enterprises can leverage existing tools while unifying employees' communication experience.
Desktop and Mobile Collaboration Software
While more and more employees are using their mobile devices for work-related communications, most files and content are created and managed on desktop computers. It's, therefore, important that a collaborative software system offers a user-friendly interface and robust functionalities for both desktop and mobile devices to facilitate seamless collaboration across devices.
Some of the important features for collaborative software applications include file sharing, commenting, content creation, document editing, as well as group and personal calendar management.
Since many organizations also use these platforms as a repository of documents and communications, it's important to have a powerful search functionality so content and files can be tagged, categorized, and filtered efficiently.
Real-Time Collaboration Software
In many fast-paced working environments, the ability to collaborate on documents in real-time is the key to increasing turnaround time, minimizing duplicate work, and reducing errors.
Since everyone is working on the same files hosted in the cloud, real-time collaboration software helps eliminate problems caused by version control issues, which could happen when employees work on different versions of the same document on their individual desktops.
Plus, real-time communication tools such as instant messaging and group chat allow employees to efficiently follow a relevant discussion and contribute to teamwork without having to sort through numerous emails in their inbox.
Selecting the Right Enterprise Collaboration Software
There are many enterprise collaboration software platforms on the market and each has its pros and cons. Here's how to make the right selection for your organization:
- Evaluate Your Requirements: First, define the problems you need to solve and the outcomes you want to achieve. Consider also how these requirements may evolve over the course of the next few years.
- Prioritize the Features: Most collaborative tools have very similar basic functions but some of the more advanced features could be different. Based on your requirements, create a shortlist of platforms that meet your needs.
- Ease of Use: Onboarding and training can take up a lot of time and resources. Platforms with intuitive, easy-to-use interfaces can help employees become productive as quickly as possible.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Besides the one-time or monthly fee, consider additional maintenance expenses or hardware upgrade so you can identify the solution that can generate the highest ROI.
- Security and Compliance: The software should have security features (e.g., multifactor authentication, access control, etc.) to ensure the safety of your company's sensitive information. This is particularly important in highly regulated industries, which may require vendors to meet certain compliance standards.
- Customer Support: The vendor should provide ongoing support including training, customer care, and a self-service knowledge base. It should also be upgrading the platform regularly to ensure top performance.
Improve Team Productivity and Efficiency with the Right Platform
Your employees' ability to collaborate and communicate can make a significant difference in their productivity and your bottom line. Selecting the right tools that meet the objectives and needs of your organization is the key to maximizing your ROI.
Your cloud provider and available features set directly affects communication and collaboration within your organization. Choose a superior cloud system by filling out our online form today or call us at 1-866-879-8647 to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 Product Specialist.