Benefits of a Sales Support Marketing Strategy
When it comes to sales and marketing teams, it helps to have a structure or strategy in place to steer your teams in the right direction. Without one, you're setting your company up for challenges down the road because employees won't have the tools they need to properly do their jobs.
If your sales and marketing teams are underperforming or you simply like to see a boost in revenue, consider creating a sales support marketing strategy to get a better handle on your sales team performance, targets, and overall marketing metrics. Ultimately, this allows your sales and marketing teams to work together effortlessly, leading to increased productivity and, subsequently, revenue.
What Is Sales Support?
Sales support can be defined as helpers or tools that assist with sales activities. The right sales support strategy makes it easier to find and attract your target customers, better manage customer relationships, and improve your sales team performance. Sales support duties can include customer service, lead generation, communications, and product training.
Having the right sales support tools in place is only half the battle, though. To truly give your sales department the boost it needs, you must create and follow a good sales support marketing strategy.
So, what is a sales support marketing strategy and how exactly can it benefit your business?
Let's take a look.
What Is a Sales Support Marketing Strategy?
A sales support marketing strategy is a document that defines what tools and methods to use to help your sales and marketing teams provide superior customer service. It also defines important marketing strategies to draw in customers, as you'll see below.
A good sales support marketing strategy gives your sales and marketing teams the guidance they need to work together and take your business to the next level.
Your strategy should highlight:
- The tools to reach your target audience
- How to generate qualified leads for the marketing department
- How to train new customer service agents
- The documents and software to use
- How to nurture and manage customer relationships
- How to create content and where to deliver it
- What technology to use to support your strategy
- How sales and marketing can work together to improve customer service
It helps to be as detailed as possible, so that when you need to refer to your strategy, you know exactly what to do and how to do it. With the right technology, you can streamline your sales support even more by automating certain aspects of your customer service and the customer experience.
Benefits of a Sales Support Marketing Strategy
A good sales support marketing strategy can benefit your business in a number of ways, including, but not limited to:
- Increased Productivity. With the right strategy in place, your sales and marketing teams won't waste time wondering what to do next. They have a clear picture of what to expect and an idea of how to handle a multitude of issues.
- Improved Customer Retention and Acquisition. Your strategy should clearly lay out exactly how you'll acquire and retain customers. For instance, will you use social media? A customer relationship management (CRM) system? Email marketing?
- Better Team Performance. Your sales and marketing teams will see significant improvement with a detailed, carefully thought-out strategy. When you take the time to plan sales and marketing objectives, tasks, and tools, you will see improved performance from employees. Also, when sales and marketing teams work together, the entire company benefits. It means goals and strategies are aligned, and everyone is on the same page.
- A Boost in Revenue. A good sales support marketing strategy outlines the best tools to use for marketing and sales activities. If these tools are monitored and managed correctly over time, you'll likely see a boost in revenue.
What Kind of Software Can Help?
If you're seriously considering stepping up your sales and marketing support, you'll need dedicated software to achieve your sales and marketing goals quickly and efficiently. One such software is contact center as a service (CCaaS). Technology like this can:
- Streamline the sales and marketing processes
- Give you timely oversight of overall sales and marketing activities and results
- Improve opportunity efficiency (through call recordings and interaction data that you can use to train and coach new reps)
A CCaaS solution can also increase your teams' engagement and efficiency. It can help manage call productivity, as well as add automation and business intelligence to the sales and marketing processes.
Achieve Results Through Sales and Marketing Team Alignment
Your sales support marketing strategy is a defining factor in your company’s success. It, therefore, pays to create a detailed sales support marketing plan that can take your company to the next level. Start thinking about what you'll include in your strategy, the ways your sales and marketing teams can collaborate, and the tools and technology that can help you achieve maximum proficiency within your company.
Your sales and marketing teams need the best technology to be as productive as possible. With 8x8's Virtual Contact Center, you get world-class technology and everything your domestic or international business needs all in one system. Call 1-855-773-2627 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.