How to Call France from the US
This guide gives you all the information you need to call France from the US: area codes, country code, examples, and more. Follow the guide below to learn how to call to France from the US.
Calling France from the US
Things you need to consider before you call France from the USA:
- The area code of the place you’re calling in France
- The cost of the call
How to call France from the US
Calling France from the US is easy. Follow the steps below:
- Dial the exit code 011. This will let your carrier know you’re going to make an international call.
- Dial 33, the country code for France.This will let your carrier know you’re going to call France from the US.
- Enter the area code.The area codes in France consist of 1 to 3 digits. If the city code begins with a 0, you may ignore the 0 and dial the remaining numbers. See French area codes below.
- Dial the phone number.Following the area code, dial the phone number. France has 9 digit phone numbers.
French Area Codes
Here is a table with a list of major area codes and city dialling codes in France.
|Brest, Cherbourg, Le Havre, Nantes, Orleans, Rouen||2|
|Boulogne, Calais, Dijon, Lille, Nancy, Strasbourg, Reims, Troyes||3|
|Cannes, Grenoble, Lyon, Marseille, Monaco, Nice, St. Etienne, Toulon, Valence||4|
|Bordeaux, Limoges, Lourdes, Toulouse||5|
Calling France from the USA
Here’s an example of a call to Paris from the US with the phone number 011-33-1-66-66-66-66.
1. Dial 011, the exit code.
2. Dial 33, the country code for France.
3. Dial 1, the area code for Paris.
4. Dial 66-66-66-66, the phone number.
Business Call Etiquette for France
- Never call unannounced. Always schedule calls ahead of time.
- To introduce yourself, use salutations first, then your full name (first name and last name).
- Do not address someone by a first name unless you’re invited to do so by the person. Use the titles “Monsieur” for “Mr.” and “Madame” for Mrs.,” followed by the person’s last name.
- If the person you’re calling is late to the meeting, do not be offended. Punctuality is treated casually in France, though you should be on time to the call.
- Embrace a debate—the French value people who show, they have a full analytical grasp on a business proposal they're presenting.
- Keep small talk professional. Do not discuss your personal life or ask personal questions of those you’re talking to.
- The French value those who speak French. If you’re not familiar with French, learn some basic French greetings, such as, “Bonjour,” which means “Hello,” or “Parlez-vous Anglais,” which means, “Do you speak English?” This shows respect and can help you build rapport. If you need assistance speaking beyond common French phrases, consider hiring a translator .
Are calls to France expensive?
Calls to France can turn out to be expensive, whether they’re for business or personal reasons. Rates can change depending on if you’re calling a landline or cell phone. If you have to make frequent calls from the US to France, using a service like 8x8 can help you save time and money.
Using 8x8 for business calls from the USA to France
The right enterprise cloud communications solution can help businesses reduce costs, drive significant productivity improvements and achieve strategic business goals.
With 8x8, you can reduce expenses required to maintain, support and upgrade traditional on-premise solutions. Businesses of any size, configuration or geographic location can benefit from the cost, performance and operational advantages of 8x8’s cloud-based communication solutions. Calling Italy from the United States is even simpler—and much less expensive—when you use 8x8.
- One platform: One solution for voice, video, meetings, content sharing and messaging on one system of engagement enables your team to collaborate from anywhere, on any device.
- Quality at scale: Guaranteed availability and call quality around the globe.
- Secure: The highest security standards in the industry with externally validated support for security regulations and standards including HIPAA, PCI-DSS, Privacy Shield and FISMA.
8x8 can save you time and money
8x8 helps businesses of all sizes solve critical communication challenges. Some of the benefits of using 8x8 are:
- Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Collaborate and communicate more effectively and securely
- Free up IT resources with maintenance-free communications and rapid deployment
- Unify communications throughout the entire organization
- Integrate mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops into your communications strategy
- View real-time and historical data about crucial business functions for faster, better decisions
- Keep costs low and productivity high, with one easy-to-use economical system
Your cloud provider and available features set directly affects your relationships with your clients, which directly affect your business’ bottom line. Choose a superior cloud system and ensure that this effect is for the better.
Call 1-877-312-2853 or fill out the form below to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 Product Specialist