Cloud Computing and Collaboration Software Explained
One of the most commonly-used buzzwords in computing today is ‘the cloud,' which refers to a remote service platform. In addition to resources such as databases, storage, and analytics, it can deliver the communications abilities your business needs to thrive in today’s market.
Cloud computing and collaboration software combine to provide your organization with valuable tools to improve efficiency and encourage innovation. Through project integration, individuals at all levels of your business can work together, while tracking tools help you monitor results. Enhanced conferencing abilities and user accommodations promote productivity, allowing people to work at any time or place. The best team collaboration software accomplishes this through one unified communications suite, eliminating the need to download multiple apps.
Work Collaboration Software Increases Innovation and Productivity
Increasing productivity through enhanced cloud communications and uncovering new ways for people to work with one another are important components every business needs to explore.
While ‘the cloud’ can be a complex concept for some to grasp, TechRadar credits it with actually helping to simplify the tasks associated with operating a business. It eliminates a high front-end investment on items such as servers and databases by letting you ‘pay as you go’ for only those items that you need. All of the maintenance and update tasks are performed by your provider, saving time and money in terms of IT.
Collaborative computing software takes this one step further. It allows individuals at all levels of your business to work together as a team in reaching certain goals, encouraging innovation and maximizing productivity. Features of work collaboration software include:
- Project integration: Team members are equipped with individual workspaces, which allow them to get the latest project updates.
- Project management and tracking: Allows team leaders and project managers to track or analyze goals and generate reports.
- Meetings and conferencing: Provides public and private invite-only rooms for meetings with employees, partners, vendors, and clients.
- Advanced communications: In addition to email, allows for instant messaging, chat, and video voicemails, increasing connection opportunities and preventing missed calls;
- Increased user accommodations: Lets remote, mobile, and home-based users safely access data and files at any time and from any location.
What Is The Best Team Collaboration Software?
Cloud computing can streamline business processes while eliminating glitches that waste time and money. The best team collaboration software operates under the same principle. You want one unified communications platform to target obstacles that hinder your productivity while maximizing those tools that aid in achieving your goals. Having integrated business voice, meeting, collaboration, and contact center functions will play an important in helping your business keep a competitive edge in today's market.
With most companies, the downside to website collaboration software is that employees must download several apps. These are often not compatible with different devices, resulting in a breakdown in communications. This is particularly true when dealing with mobile users, who now dominate the workforce. According to Computer Weekly, when apps are not integrated, they fall into disuse and can actually discourage collaboration among your employees and associates.
When considering a cloud computing and collaboration software provider, look for one app, integrated system which can act as a bridge to eliminate this problem. Features should include:
- Company-wide deployments, which allow reliable data access, project management, and conferencing capabilities from any device and at any time or location;
- Cross-platform messaging, which allows you to communicate easily across Slack, Chatter, and more than 20 other different messaging apps;
- Enhanced conference capabilities, which provides crystal clear video and audio quality for integrated conferences and meetings with up to 100 participants.
Where to Buy the Best Work Collaboration Software
Over 50,000 businesses spanning more than 150 countries and six continents trust 8x8 to provide them with the best in work collaboration software. Our integrated system lets you take advantage of the latest technology in project management, conferencing, and communications, bridging across devices and ensuring accessibility from any location.
Your cloud provider and available features set directly affects your relationships with your clients, which directly affect your business' bottom line. Choose a superior cloud system and ensure that this effect is for the better. Fill out our online form today or call us at 1-866-879-8647 to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 Product Specialist.