Flip Calls from Desk Phone to Smartphone to Softphone with 8x8
Have you ever been on a phone call where someone says “Let me call you back from my other device?” or taken a conference call from the car only to wish there was an easy way to switch from your smartphone to a different device once arriving in the office?
What if there was a way to keep calls active while switching devices so you can stay more productive and have an overall better call experience? For users of 8x8 Virtual Office look no further.
With 8x8 Virtual Office, users can seamlessly move a call from one device to another using the Call Flip feature. With Call Flip, they no longer need to cut calls short with customers or colleagues. Whether driving into the office, taking a short break, or about to head home, 8x8 Virtual Office users don’t have to clip it, but just flip it.
It’s Easy and Fast – and Your Caller Doesn’t Need to Know
Users can flip calls between their 8x8 Virtual Office desk phone, 8x8 Virtual Office Mobile app, or 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop app. Here’s how:
- While on a live call on any 8x8 desk phone or 8x8 Virtual Office mobile or desktop application, ensure the device/application you want to move to is open or activated.
- From the keypad of the device/application you want to move to, dial * 88, then tap or click Call (or the call icon).
- The call becomes active on the new connected device/application.
Call Park (For Polycom desk phones or 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop application)
- Inform the other party with whom you are speaking that they will be placed on brief hold.
- On your Polycom desk phone or 8x8 Virtual Office desktop application, press the Park key. (The call is placed on hold at the Call Park extension.)
- Note the extension number for where the call is parked.
- From any other 8x8 application, device or extension, dial the Call Park extension to retrieve the call.
The next time you are immobilized with a call that you must take, flip it. Save yourself time while giving your customers and colleagues the experience that they deserve.
Visit 8x8.com to learn more about how truly unified communications help modern organizations communicate at the speed of employee and customer expectations to maximize every connection, improve customer satisfaction scores, and accelerate time to decision, time to resolution and time to revenue.