Effective Sales Support Training
The overall purpose of any business is to make profits. To make profits, you must make sales. As your business grows, as a chief executive officer (CEO), chief technology officer (CTO) or even a marketing manager, it becomes increasingly rare to directly market your business. To close deals or sale, you will need to rely on the sales team. Your clients are mainly influenced by the sales agents. The image that salespeople project to your customers is assumed to be your overall company’s brand.
But how can you ensure that these sales teams understand and take full responsibility for their sales key result areas? How do you make sure that newly recruited sales agents understand the steps of closing business deals?
You will need to offer them regular sales support.
But, what do we mean by Sales Support?
This refers to a set of tools, functions, and actions that help sales representatives concentrate on selling and closing deals.
Sales support programs vary from industry to industry, company to company, and sales team to sales team. Also, sales support functions can be done by an in-house sales support coordinator, a third-party sales support services provider, productivity tools, or by peer-to-peer mentorship among the sales teams.
Examples of sale support functions include:
Finding, qualifying and filtering leads using channels such as company website, social media platforms, professional links, email promotions and online data mining for the sales team to contact. This saves your sales team time that they could have spent to research.
Best practices recommend that you outsource your lead generation initiatives to competent lead generation services providers. If necessary, though, you can hire a sales support coordinator to coordinate the lead generation. Also, there are intelligent, easy-to-use cloud contact center software such as 8x8’s ContactNow that you can use to generate leads.
Cloud contact centers are mostly used for lead generation because of the following reasons:
- They answer calls proficiently, exploit agent output and make sure your customers are linked to the right agent.
- They exploit sales and agent output with inclusive outbound dialing abilities comprising preview, progressive, or predictive dialing.
- They tailor and direct calls with an easy-to-use, web-based, drag & drop IVR system and advanced skills-based routing.
- Active Market Communications
Through public outreaches such as promotions, paid advertising, PR press releases and other marketing strategies, you can create market awareness which is essential to supporting your sales team.
Sales support tools can be as simple as sales pitches, documents, product manuals, and printed sales kits summarizing your brand’s benefits, and answers to frequently asked questions, or just software tools such pre-programmed calculators and computer-aided designs (CAD) and website access to sensitivity web pages.
An integrated and intelligent customer relationship management (CRM) system is one of the best sales support power tool. The CRM makes your sales team more accessible and responsive to your prospective clients. It also helps you track the progress of each sales lead.
Apart from providing your sales team with leads and tools, and running active market communications, another sales support approach is to provide sales support training.
Why conduct Sales Support Training?
Sales support training programs are conducted to develop the sales representatives. So as to effectively sale and represent your company to your customers, a successful sales rep must:
- Know their role in the company and know how to maintain ‘the people first’ approach in their contact with customers
- Know the company’s values and expectations as far as the image is concerned
- Understand the effect of their words, image, and actions on the company’s image, and in turn, the effect of the company image on overall company’s performance.
- Learn how to identify danger signs requiring action such as the activity of competitors
- Learn how to identify sales opportunities through recognizing customer needs
- Master the customer contact skills which includes the significance of two-way communication, information gathering skills, active listening skills and reading body language
- Master the relationship building skills such as collaborating with the whole sales force, developing a rapport with potential and existing customers, turning complaints into opportunities and knowing how to call their customers to action (action planning)
- Comprehend and take ownership of their sales key result areas.
- Control their time and territory successfully
- Explore the diverse approaches of growing new businesses that can expand market share.
- Understand how to circumvent gatekeepers and only make appointments with decision-makers.
- Organize their sales pitches by following the accepted stages of any sales call.
- Discover how to neutralize demanding customer scenarios and manage basic sales complaints.
- Be able to close deals effectively by soliciting some commitment to action.
- Analyze possible strengths and weaknesses of their present selling styles.
With cloud contact technologies such as 8x8’s Agent Console and Expert Connect, you can connect your sales agents with the experts across the company with a shared presence, chat, click-to-call dialing and easy transfers.
According to studies done by McKinsey & Company, companies that devoted fewer than 30% of their sales employees to support functions reported low sales ROI.
Your sales and marketing teams need the best technology to be as productive as possible. With 8x8's Virtual Contact Center you get world-class technology and everything your domestic or international business needs all in one system. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.