Essential Technologies For Growing Online Marketing Efforts
Online marketing can be challenging for many businesses. With the many moving parts and fast-evolving consumer expectations, it's not easy to stay ahead of your competitors and capture the attention of your customers.
Thankfully, there are many marketing tools that can help streamline your efforts and increase your ROI. Here are the main technologies you can use to support your online marketing efforts:
Essential Online Marketing Technologies
Here are some key software applications that can help increase the effectiveness of your online marketing strategies:
- Email service provider: email marketing is a cost-effective way to cultivate customer relationships and promote your offers. The latest email marketing technologies allow you to segment your list and create behavior-triggered workflows. They also integrate with other applications (e.g., eCommerce platforms) so you can enhance the customer experience and increase the effectiveness of your campaigns.
- Customer relationships management platform: a CRM tool allows you to set up a customer profile for each customer or prospect so you can track your interactions with them, record their behaviors and preferences, map their activities to customer lifecycle stages, and deliver the right content or offers in the right place at the right time to increase conversion.
- Social media marketing tool: a social media presence is essential for delivering an omnichannel customer experience that builds trust and increases sales. From scheduling your posts and interacting with your followers to connecting with influencers and identifying trending topics, a social media management tool can help streamline your workflow and increase the effectiveness of your tactics.
- Website analytics software: by adding a piece of analytic code to your website, you can track traffic sources and visitors' activities. You can then analyze the data and understand which marketing strategy is working and which isn't -- e.g., keywords that are driving high-quality traffic or leaks in your checkout flow where shoppers tend to drop off -- so you can fine-tune the user experience for better results.
- SEO and keyword research tool: since most consumers start their searches for products or services online, optimizing your content for search engines is the key to getting in front of more high-quality leads. There are many SEO and keyword tools you can use to find out what keywords are trending and gain insights into how you can refine your ad campaigns to optimize ROI.
- Content marketing tool: publishing relevant and valuable content can help you attract high-quality leads and nurture relationships with your prospects. Use content marketing tools to get insights on the competitive landscape, identify the best topics to focus on, and get ideas on titles that'd attract your ideal customers.
- eCommerce platform: many merchants can benefit from having an eCommerce component in their business models. There are many eCommerce platforms you can use to set up an online store quickly. Most of them also handle payment processing so you can manage all your eCommerce activities in one place to streamline your workflow.
- Customer service platform: customer experience has become a key determining factor for many consumers and you need the right tool to deliver omnichannel customer support across all touchpoints. These platforms allow you to set up a 360-degree customer profile in which all the interactions are updated in real-time so you can deliver a seamless experience that will accelerate your prospects down the sales funnel.
Putting the Pieces Together: Communication Is Key To Business Success
There're many software applications you can use to grow your online business. However, managing all the different pieces can be quite challenging if your team doesn't have the right tool to coordinate and collaborate effectively.
Not to mention, all the hard work you have done to drive traffic and build relationships would become less effective if you don't have a reliable way for customers to communicate with your business.
Luckily, business communications are now much simpler and less costly thanks to the use of cloud-based communication platforms, including VoIP, UCaaS, and CCaaS.
These applications, such as 8x8's X series, help facilitate internal collaboration and external communications with a variety of features including voice calls, video conferencing, team messaging, call center functions, file sharing, CRM integration, G-Suite integration, and more.
Your sales and marketing teams need the best technology to be as productive as possible. With 8x8's Virtual Contact Center you get world-class technology and everything your domestic or international business needs all in one system. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.