Enhance Customer Experience With Retail Communication Software
Retail communications are becoming more complex thanks to the increasing number of customer service channels and fast-evolving consumer expectations.
You need to ensure effective and seamless customer communications to deliver an outstanding shopping experience, which will help drive sales and improve customer retention.
Criteria for Selecting Customer Communication Management Platform
A retail communication system provides a hub for managing your customer communications. Here are some key features that retailers should look for:
- Omnichannel support: Consumers want to be able to interact with brands any time, from any device and on any platform, such as email, phone, text, messaging, social media and more. In addition, they expect the ability to switch channels and pick up where they left off. A retail communication software allows a customer care team to interact with consumers on a variety of channels and have the customer data updated in real-time on a centralized platform.
- Personalized communication: Consumers expect to receive communications tailored to their needs, preferences and purchase history; for example, promotions on items they have shown interest in. Retail communication software makes it possible to deliver highly personalized communications by leveraging customer data.
- Targeted content and relevant messaging: Content marketing is a great strategy for retail brands to build trust and relationships with consumers while improving brand awareness and loyalty. A customer communication platform allows you to deliver targeted content with relevant messaging to individuals for a personalized brand experience.
- Two-way communication and real-time interactions: Consumers expect real-time communications with brands to get the support they need or have their questions answered right away. They want these interactions to be personalized based on their preferences and purchase history.
Examples of Retail Customer Communication Systems
There are many retail communication software applications you can use to enhance customer communications:
- Zendesk: Helps brands deliver consistent customer service across multiple channels, including phone, chat, email, social media and more.
- Freshdesk: A helpdesk solution that enables retailers to deliver exceptional customer service by streamlining workflow and making all customer data available in one place.
- Zoho Desk: A context-aware cloud-based customer service platform that helps deliver the most relevant customer interactions across all channels.
- MailChimp: Easy-to-use email service provider allows merchants to send relevant email communications to their subscriber lists. You can deliver highly-targeted content by using segmentation strategies or behavioral triggers.
- Quadient: A comprehensive customer communication management platform that enables brands to coordinate customer communication across all online and offline channels for a seamless customer experience.
Enhance Customer Communications With Cloud-Based Communication Platforms
Many retail communication applications can integrate with a cloud-based communication system of your choice to support additional capabilities such as video calls or file sharing to enrich the customer experience.
By using UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service), CCaaS (Contact Center as a Service) and VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), you can further improve responsiveness and increase customer engagement.
Here are some benefits of using cloud-based communication platforms for retail brands:
- Scalability and flexibility: The subscription-based model requires minimal upfront investment in infrastructure and hardware so retailers can expand or dial back usage based on factors such as seasonal fluctuations, which is common in the retail industry.
- Minimized downtime: Customers expect round-the-clock support so downtime, especially during peak shopping seasons, can be very costly. Since you don't have to maintain equipment on-site when you use a cloud-communication system, there'll be very little downtime due to repair and maintenance. Most cloud providers have redundancy and backup plans in place to ensure as few disruptions to their services as possible.
- Real-time, multimedia interaction: Today's consumers are accustomed to "instant gratification" — they want immediate response when they interact with brands. These communication platforms enhance customer interactions by providing video and voice calls, as well as chat and file sharing, to deliver a rich, engaging, and personalized customer experience.
- Seamless experience: Most cloud-communication platforms can be integrated with retail communication software to streamline workflow and deliver seamless customer experience.
Grow Your Business Using the Right Tools
As consumers are willing to pay more for a better customer experience, it's important for retailers to make sure they have a well-designed communication strategy and the right tools for implementation.
Choosing the right technology is crucial to a successful retail business. Establish a streamlined retail communications strategy with 8x8, and focus on growing your business. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.