Outsourced Sales Companies
Outsourced sales companies do the work of selling so their clients don't have to. This can make it easier and more affordable to maintain a sales team, among other advantages for clients. For companies, there are a ton of benefits to outsourcing.
In this article, you can learn more about how sales outsourcing works and find out about some of the main benefits for organizations who contract out their sales to other companies.
What are Outsourced Sales Companies?
Outsourced sales companies allow organizations to quickly and affordably expand their sales teams by offloading some of the work involved with sales to other companies. These companies maintain an in-house workforce of salespeople who can take on sales projects to generate sales for the client.
An outsourced sales company might have multiple clients it does projects for, or employees may focus on a single company and do sales for just that one organization or for a single product line.
How Do Outsourced Sales Companies Work?
Outsourced sales companies work by contract. Usually, an organization determines that they'd benefit from an outsourced sales team, then begins the process.
This is what usually happens:
- Planning: A client company realizes they can benefit from outsourcing their sales. They begin planning how they will accomplish more with outsourcing and start to figure out what can be outsourced.
- Hiring: From there, they begin looking for a company that fits their budget, goals, and needs. They talk with the company and ask questions about their sales staff, processes, and plans. From there, they decide to hire the company if it's a good fit.
- Contract: The client and sales company usually will sign a contract and agree on terms for working together.
- Renegotiation: Over time, contracts can be renegotiated if one or both parties wants to change the terms. This can happen if pricing changes or the needs of either organization changes.
Companies look for a win-win fit that benefits each party and provides the organization with what it needs. The client needs to hit sales goals and the sales company needs to generate a profit.
What types of software are needed for outsourced sales?
Generally, outsourced sales companies rely on VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phones that use the Internet to make calls. They also use UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service) to enable communications using a variety of different types of communication such as text messaging, calls, chat, and email.
They may use other cloud-based applications such as CRMs (customer relationship manager) to help them reach customers, keep track of important data, and gather intelligence.
What are the Advantages for Businesses who Outsource Sales?
Businesses who choose outsourcing often find that they can save money, become more efficient, and find expert personnel they'd otherwise not be able to hire.
Some of the most common benefits of outsourcing include:
- Saving money: Typically, businesses can save money by outsourcing their sales processes.
- Finding qualified and experienced personnel: Often, sales companies have better sales people than those whom a typical business may be able to hire.
- Scalable workforce: With an outsourced sales organization, businesses can scale their workforce to fit their needs. It's fairly common for these needs to fluctuate wildly depending on the season or time of the year, making it much simpler to just scale the sales workforce to meet increases or decreases in sales volume. Small businesses that don't need a full-time salesperson can still hire a sales workforce with outsourcing, too.
- Improved productivity: By saving money and scaling the workforce, companies can see higher sales productivity.
- Avoid recruitment process: Skipping the recruitment process can save money and time. Businesses who outsource don't have to worry about recruitment at all.
- Work quickly when a new product line is released: Outsourcing can help with unexpected needs related to a new release, even if these sales people don't entirely replace the sales staff.
These and other benefits of sales outsourcing are why many companies consider it for their own organizations.
Getting Started with Sales Outsourcing
Sales outsourcing can help your organization save while also boosting productivity. Your business can focus on core areas of operations instead of having to worry about sales. When you outsource your sales, your business will create a contract with a sales company that protects your interests and outlines expectations for both sides. Outsourcing can help your organization scale to increased demand, meet quotas more easily, and boost productivity.
Your business has enough on its plate. Outsource what makes sense for your business, choose a world class SaaS technology solution and focus on what's important: your clients. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.