Effective Management of Outsourced Sales and Marketing Practices
Peter F. Drucker once said, “Do what you do best, and outsource the rest.” As a business, your business should be focusing on your core business. Non-core business functions, that may distract your internal employees from focusing on the core business, should be assigned to third party companies that are better in those specific areas. The assignment of internal tasks, projects and functions by companies to third parties is commonly referred to as outsourcing.
There are different types of outsourcing. Major outsourcing types include:
- Sales and marketing outsourcing
- Outsourcing human resource services
- Data mining outsourcing
- Network outsourcing
- Live chat outsourcing
- Print and animation outsourcing
- Coding outsourcing and
- Telemarketing services outsourcing
Outsourcing Sales and Marketing Practices
Sales and marketing outsourcing is the approach where companies use third parties to accelerate and amplify volumes of sales for their products, goods or services without establishing relationships to the sales teams that carry out the sales and marketing operations.
What are the Advantages of Outsourcing Sales and Marketing Practices?
Sales and marketing outsourcing has a lot of benefits to companies. Some of the sales and marketing advantages include:
- Reduced operational and labor costs: Sales and marketing outsourcing eliminates labor costs such as social security, medical care, and workers' compensation. Also, costs to keep employees at work such as office space, desks, and equipment are eliminated.
- Increased flexibility: Outsourcing, especially to remote or offshore providers, allows your business to run 24/7. Outsourcing providers will still market and sell your products even when you are asleep.
- Bigger workforces: Sales and marketing outsourcing allows companies to maintain large workforces without making costly investments in infrastructure, technology, and people operations.
- Access to industry experts: The business of your business should be providing high-quality services, goods or products to your clients. By outsourcing your sales and marketing services, you will make sure that you get highly skilled experts to market your services, goods or products as you concentrate on improving your core operations.
- Better risk management: Outsourcing of your sales and marketing functions allows you to share different market risks with your outsourcing partners. For example, a marketing campaign gone wrong is a shared responsibility by your company and the outsourcing partner.
What to Look out for when Outsourcing Sales and Marketing Practices?
Before outsourcing your marketing and sales practices, consider the following:
- Ensure that the cost of outsourcing to highly specialized experts does not exceed the budget for the outsourced project.
- Ensure that you do not lose control of the outsourced projects or tasks. Come up with a management system that will help you keep close control on the progress of tasks. Schedule regular meetings for regular updates. Always ensure that your contractor provides you with all documentations necessary to evaluate the progress of the task or project.
- Always remember, that when an outsourced task or project succeeds or fails, as a company, you take the ultimate credit or responsibility.
- Never outsource strategic sales and marketing functions. Outsourcing key sales and marketing functions will expose you to the risks of losing classified and confidential sales and marketing data.
- Thoroughly vet the outsourcing providers beforehand. This is so as to ensure that they deliver quality work output.
- Clearly spell out the terms and conditions of the outsourcing agreement to avoid possible hidden costs and legal problems.
- Know your outsourcing provider. With the internet, it is possible to outsource your sales and marketing practices to third parties located in far-flung locations. Before you outsource, make sure you understand the cultures of the contractors to avoid poor communication and lower productivity.
What Are the Differences or Similarities Between Sales Outsourcing and Marketing Outsourcing?
Sales outsourcing and marketing outsourcing are closely interlinked. They both aim at increasing the company’s revenues. They both focus on those functions that are customer-facing. However, sales outsourcing is different from marketing outsourcing. While marketing outsourcing focuses on those activities, tasks, or projects that help a company generate sales leads or prospects, sales outsourcing focuses on those business functions that help the company to convert sales leads or prospects into orders and purchases.
What Software is Used for Sales and Marketing Outsourcing?
Sales and marketing outsourcing can be done through the use of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) software.
World class SaaS technology solutions for outsourcing in sales and marketing outsourcing should have dependable and adaptable contact center solution for follow-the-sun client support; have less-sophisticated features for agents and supervisors and quality management capabilities, and be able to work with a number of third-party software.
Make an Informed Decision
The advantages of outsourcing your marketing and sales practices outweigh the disadvantages. Many of the challenges of sales and marketing outsourcing can be avoided by correctly choosing communication solutions for outsourcing. 8x8's communication solutions for outsourcing are some of the best outsourcing software that businesses can choose.
Your business has enough on its plate. Outsource what makes sense for your business, choose a world-class SaaS technology solution and focus on what's important: your clients. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.