Outsourcing Lead Generation
Lead generation is a critical function for any business, directly impacting your sales and revenue. But generating leads is challenging, requiring extensive market research, content creation, promotion, and prospecting, supported by the right marketing strategy and technological tools. Mastering all these components is a tall task, and many companies struggle to generate a sufficient volume of leads to sustain their business model.
One way many successful companies solve this issue is to outsource lead generation. Outsourcing some or all of your lead generation to qualified professionals can be more efficient, less expensive, and more effective than relying on in-house marketing efforts. Here’s why outsourcing your lead generation makes sense, how it’s done, and what software you need to do it effectively.
Why You Should Outsource Lead Generation
Any business depends on a constant flow of leads. New leads are necessary to offset customer attrition in order to sustain revenue levels, and they are equally necessary to increase revenue levels. But effective lead generation requires a wide array of tasks that depend on multiple skill sets, including:
- Market research to identify and analyze prospective customers, competitors, product and service benefits, potential selling points, keyword and social media trends, and distribution channels
- SEO research to support market research
- Content creation to plan and develop marketing content in multiple formats for multiple promotional channels, including social media, videos, articles, and email
- Writing and graphic design to support content creation
- Content distribution across all media channels
- Lead capture page design to engage prospects and persuade them to share contact information
- Contact database management to store and deploy contact information
- Prospecting activity to contact prospects, follow up on initial contacts, and invite them to take next steps such as scheduling appointments
- Analytics tracking to monitor campaign performance and make adjustments and improvements
This diverse range of activities requires a large skill set and a significant investment in time and money. Most smaller companies lack sufficient in-house resources to handle all these tasks, and even larger companies can find it challenging to perform equally well in all these areas. Over 6 in 10 marketers say their biggest challenge is generating sufficient traffic and leads.
How Outsourced Lead Generation Works
To improve lead generation performance, outsourcing can be an effective solution. Outsourcing taps into outside talent, bringing in professionals who specialize in lead generation. Working with professionals who can optimize your lead generation improves both the volume and the quality of your leads, while saving your staff time. The cost can be comparable to or lower than the cost of doing your own lead generation due to time saved internally, increased productivity, and lower expenditures on costs such as payroll, taxes, office space, and IT equipment. You can opt to outsource some or all of your lead generation activity.
Typically, the process of setting up a lead generation partnership involves four steps:
- Identifying where you need help with lead generation by reviewing areas where you’d like to improve - Areas for improvement can include refining your ideal buyer personas, optimizing your benefits to appeal to your target market, traffic generation, lead conversion, or lead data capture and management.
- Finding a suitable lead generation partner - When evaluating potential partners, consider factors such as how long they’ve been in business, which clients they’ve worked with, what their process is for working with partners, and how they measure performance.
- Initiating collaboration with your partner - During the early phases of collaboration, you and your partner will discuss topics such as setting lead generation goals such as increasing lead volume or quality, identifying the value proposition for your company or product or service, identifying your target audience, identifying which channels to use to reach your audience, and developing content to achieve your goals.
- Tracking performance - Monitoring the performance of your outsourcing partner’s lead generation activity enables you to see which campaigns are working, which aren’t, where there is room for improvement. It also allows you to assess the return on investment of your outsourcing costs, which you can evaluate in terms such as cost per lead.
By following these steps, you and your outsourcing partner can generate significant improvements in your lead volume, quality, and costs.
Software Tools to Help You Outsource Lead Generation
Technology plays a key role in lead generation, and in order to work with your outsourcing partner effectively, it’s helpful to have the right software infrastructure in place. Key elements include:
- A unified communications as a service (UCaaS) platform to allow you to communicate and collaborate with your outsourcing team over any communications channel, including VoIP, email, chat, and videoconferencing, uniting your in-house and remote team members for a seamless collaboration experience
- A contact center as a service (CCaaS) platform to enable your sales and support teams to follow up on leads over any channel from a single interface, providing optimized productivity for your team and a seamless experience for your customers
- A customer relationship management (CRM) solution to let you store and use customer data to deliver superior service, achieve greater customer satisfaction, and drive more sales
Having these software tools in place will make it easier for you to communicate with your outsourcing partner, manage prospecting activity, and leverage customer data for better performance.
It's a Win-Win-Win
Outsourcing lead generation can help you attract more leads at a lower cost, while saving time for your in-house team members.
Your business has enough on its plate. Outsource what makes sense for your business, choose a world class SaaS technology solution and focus on what's important: your clients. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.