Polycom VoIP Phones | 8x8, Inc.
Polycom phones are a great option for new VoIP business phone service. Find out more about what Polycom phones have to offer and how to get started with support for your Polycom VoIP phone with 8x8 plans.
What Is a Polycom VoIP Phone?
Polycom VoIP phones are designed for VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) service and can connect to a phone service network. They have a variety of features that can help support small business phone systems. Thanks to Internet phone service, they can call landlines, other VoIP numbers, and even cell phones. They have an easy-to-understand interface to help users start working quickly.
Here are a few Polycom features:
- Call control. Polycom phones support over 60 different call control platforms around the world, so chances are good that you can find a fully compatible call control system and use it with Polycom.
- Provisioning and management. Because you have built-in call provisioning and management capabilities, you don't have to worry as much about how you'll manage and route calls.
- SIP compatible. Fully compatible with SIP (Session Initiation Protocol), users can make sure their phone system is capable of interacting with a variety of different phones.
- Variety of devices. With multiple devices to choose from, Polycom VoIP phones give you choices to make it simpler to find the right one you need for your business.
- Open SIP. Compatible with Open SIP protocol so you can improve productivity and streamline in-office workflows.
- HD voice. Thanks to high definition voice technology, you can achieve the levels of quality you need with your voice calls.
- Proprietary Acoustic Fence Technology. With Polycom's Acoustic Fence, you can eliminate background noise and ensure crisper, higher-quality calls that are easier to hear.
Thanks to these and other features, your organization can access the phone service you need and enable your small business to more effectively manage VoIP resources.
How Do Polycom VoIP Phones Work?
Polycom VoIP phones can connect with your phone service network and ensure that your business has access to higher quality audio calls. With a customizable interface for your phone users, your IT personnel or management can set up phone service and easily provide account access to the right people.
Like other VoiP phones, Polycom phones connect and deliver SIP data over an Internet connection to other phones. Once the data arrives at its destination, it can be unpacked and repackaged into audio that the other phone can understand and use. Rather than simply use a wired connection from legacy telephony technology, VoIP phones use the same Internet connections used to deliver other types of phone data and information.
Are Polycom VoIP Phones Compatible with 8x8?
Yes! Polycom phones are compatible with 8x8 phone service. In fact, you may even be able to bring your Polycom phones with you.
Here's what you need to know:
- Valid certificate. As long as your Polycom phones have a valid certificate, you can bring them into a new 8x8 contract.
- Check your device. You'll need to check this link to make sure your Polycom device is supported.
- Learn more. To learn more about setting up your Polycom phone with 8x8, start here.
If you have questions about phone support, please visit our support pages or contact us directly. 8x8 does allow you to BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) as long as the device is supported and compatible.
Getting Started with Polycom VoIP Phones
Polycom VoiP phones are a solid option for small businesses and others looking for a phone with call management, support for SIP, and other great features. 8x8 does support Polycom phones and offers Polycom models for use with our VoIP plans. If you'd like to bring your own Polycom phone, make sure it's supported and has a valid certificate.
When it comes to VoIP, 8x8 provides a reliable and compliant cloud solution at a demanding level rarely seen by other cloud providers. Don't take your chances with a subpar cloud-based telecom system. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.