What is an Android VoIP Client SIP?
Android VoIP clients allow people to use their Android smartphones with a VoIP plan. SIP clients are the user-side software programs these users need in order to successfully connect with and use VoIP. In this article, you can learn more about how VoIP works with Android SIP clients and how this can benefit your business.
What is an Android VoIP Client SIP?
Android VoIP clients use SIP to connect VoIP subscribers to their Internet-based phone service. Thanks to VoIP, Android users can access business phone service that is affordable and feature-rich for a variety of purposes. You can even find free, limited-feature VoIP clients for Android and make free phone calls wherever you have the right phone connection to support high-quality audio.
If you have the right client for your Android phone, you may be able to connect with SIP-powered phone networks. This can help if you plan to work remotely or take your phone calls with you for business purposes. SIP and VoIP make it possible.
What is SIP?
SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) allows phone systems to communicate VoIP data across phone infrastructure. It transfers discrete data packets over the Internet for server computers to send, manage, and use for VoIP communications. It's essentially a computer 'language' for phone service. Today, it's the most common VoIP protocol and it's not hard to find a variety of different devices and phone services that rely heavily on it for sending and receiving transmissions.
SIP compatible phones can, generally speaking, be transferred over from one VoIP service to another without too much trouble. It's the same language, so it's not difficult for SIP devices to be brought with you into a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) plan. That said, you'll need to check with your VoIP provider about compatibility to ensure that you've covered any compatibility questions that come up.
What is a SIP Client?
A SIP client receives and sends SIP data from a VoIP device. It's the software you can use to make service requests to servers transferring VoIP data back and forth. SIP clients help to make VoIP possible. There's a variety of different SIP clients on the market and the one you use depends on the type of phone you have and the type of VoIP service and vendor you use.
How do VoIP SIP Clients Work?
Generally, this is the process VoIP SIP clients follow:
- Initiating the call: Calls are started either by the SIP device or by a caller trying to reach the device's user.
- Sending a request: This sends a request to the server(s) running the phone network and directing traffic.
- Response: In response, the servers can connect the call.
- Port traffic: Traffic goes through the computer's ports to the SIP client, and back through for the VoIP phone to access.
- Conversation: An ongoing conversation among the involved computers and devices happens along the Internet connection. This means traffic to transmit the phone calls themselves. An end to the call is sent as another request, and the connection is closed between (or among) the phones involved in the call.
- SIP clients are the software users have to conduct this process from the user side. Other software is involved with directing traffic, collecting call analytics, and completing other necessary activities to successfully transmit phone calls.
What are the Advantages of Android VoIP Clients for Businesses?
With Android-based VoIP clients, your team can work remotely via smartphones. It's an alternative to other office phone systems. This can help you create remote work teams and also take work on the road with you. For small businesses, this may be particularly useful.
Getting Started with VoIP SIP Clients
Android VoIP clients using the SIP protocol allow phone users to connect with other phones and make calls via the Internet. While other software is involved in the process, VoIP client software is needed on the user side to successfully send call requests and use VoIP data to provide call audio.
When it comes to VoIP, 8x8 provides a reliable and compliant cloud solution at a demanding level rarely seen by other cloud providers. Don't take your chances with a subpar cloud-based telecom system. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.