The Ultimate Guide to Integrated CRM Systems
While a host of elements go into creating a successful business venture, establishing — and maintaining — solid customer relationships should be at the forefront.
Indeed, every interaction you have with a customer or prospect can significantly affect your bottom line and steer your business to success or failure. Oftentimes, the caliber of customer service delivered by a business is predicated by how information about customer interactions is gathered and analyzed to obtain actionable insights.
Today, we're in an era where delivering superior customer service is a fine-grained process that's powered heavily by data and involves numerous, intricate strategies. For this reason, any business looking to succeed in a highly competitive arena must invest in an innovative, integrated CRM system.
This article will look at the most basic questions on customer relationship management or CRM:
- What is CRM?
- What is the purpose of CRM?
- What are the advantages of CRM?
- How to integrate CRM with other software?
What Is CRM?
These days, customer relationship management is a term used to outline the strategies and philosophies used to manage the interactions and relationships businesses have with their customers or prospects. In fact, CRM can be defined in three fronts:
- CRM as a Strategy: This represents the philosophy of any business and stipulates how interactions with customers or prospects should be carried out.
- CRM as a Process: This is the system a business adopts to manage and nurture customer relationships.
- CRM as a Technology: This is a software solution, often cloud-based, that's deployed by a company to record, analyze and report relationships between the business and its customers. This is also known as an integrated CRM system.
An integrated CRM system is a robust IT platform used to record customer interactions and data across numerous channels. It’s a comprehensive solution that delivers detailed customer data and interactions from customer support, marketing, sales and other departments in a single repository.
Some of the salient features of a CRM platform include:
- Lead management
- Contact management
- Deal management
- Email management
- Sales automation
- Reports and analytics
- Marketing automation
What Is the Purpose of CRM?
CRM is regarded to be the largest software niche in the world today. Indeed, the solution has convincingly proven to be an indispensable tech asset for any forward-thinking business. Its prominence is not because of the ability to manage customer relationship, but rather as a result of its immense capability to support multiple business functions.
So, what is the purpose of CRM? Well, a dedicated CRM platform streamlines virtually every function in a business lifecycle to increase marketing and sales returns while simultaneously cutting costs. The software collects customer information, including via phone, social media, email and more. It can also be customized to handle different use cases like workflow improvement, automation of customer-centric business processes and the streamlining of new ideas.
Its key purposes include:
- Delivering customer acquisition and retention
- Centralizing all customer data
- Supporting customer loyalty and promotional campaigns
- Pinpointing high-rated clients
- Streamlining follow-up sales
- Tracking customer preferences
- Personalizing product offerings
- Measuring business performance and productivity
In summary, a CRM integration expedites vital business processes such as sales, marketing and customer service activities. Additionally, it boosts customer loyalty from the initial interaction to repeat purchase, enabling businesses to achieve sustained sales growth at minimal costs.
What are the Advantages of CRM?
It’s hard to imagine how businesses would ply their crafts without CRM platforms. Everything would be in shambles and operate solely on the knowledge of marketing and sales agents, without taking customers' needs and wants into account.
The evolution of CRM systems is a welcome relief not only for sales and marketing personnel, but also customer service, supply chain and HR professionals. The solution delivers a plethora of enterprise-wide benefits, which include:
- Cross-team collaboration
- Empowered sales management
- Improved contact management
- Accurate sales forecasting
- Enhanced customer relationships
- Decreased data entry
- Heightened revenue
- Boosted marketing ROI
How Can You Integrate CRM with Other Software?
Frankly speaking, integrating a CRM platform with existing business applications should be straightforward. A CRM platform can be integrated with accounting systems, email, contact and calendar applications, marketing automation, document management, customer support, and many other in-house applications. CRM integration with other software makes the system easy to adopt, reduces data entry errors, saves time, and centralizes all calendar and communication activities.
Here are some pointers to keep in mind:
- Always invest in a scalable and customizable CRM platform.
- Roll out the CRM platform integration in phases.
- Train your employees effectively, and deliver a stellar support system.
- Closely monitor the entire setup during and after the integration.
When deployed successfully, customer relationship management can help businesses create a seamless brand experience and increase revenue. The system inspires businesses to adopt customer-centric strategies that nurture customer relationships for long-term sales.
Your cloud provider and available features set directly affects your collection business' bottom line. Choose a superior cloud system and ensure this effect is for the better. Fill out our online form today or call us at 1-866-879-8647 to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 Product Specialist.