CRM Email Integration Strategies for Successful Marketing
Individually, email and customer relationship management (CRM) software are two of the most powerful weapons in today’s marketing arsenal. With the average email user checking their inbox multiple times a day, email commands a higher return on investment than other marketing channels. CRM lets you optimize your email marketing results by managing your mailing list, segmenting your emails for better target marketing, customizing emails based on subscriber behavior and following up with subscribers for higher closing rates and more revenue.
But CRM email integration doesn’t come automatically. You need to know how to apply your CRM tool to optimize your email marketing, and you need to choose the right platform for effective integration. Here are some things you need to know for successful email marketing CRM integration.
Why You Should Be Integrating Your Email With Your CRM
Despite the rise of other digital marketing channels, email continues to deliver better results than other options. Email marketing yields a median return on investment of 122 percent, over four times higher than social media, paid search or direct mail, according to the Data and Marketing Association. A number of factors account for the exceptional success rate of email marketing, including the high number of times the average user checks their inbox daily, the personal nature of email and the low cost of sending email compared to other marketing methods.
But in order to enjoy the benefits of email, marketers must take steps to nurture email leads. Very few email subscribers are ready to buy after your first email, with 96 percent of first-time website visitors not prepared to purchase, Kissmetrics data shows. Converting an email subscriber into a buyer may take half a dozen, a dozen or more touches via email and other contact channels.
This is where CRM comes in. Using CRM to optimize your email allows you to:
- Store email subscriber data, including not only email contact information but also other data relevant to sales conversions, such as demographic data, user engagement history, and purchase history.
- Segment email campaigns to target subscribers based on their profile data.
- Customize emails to match individual subscriber profiles, behavior, and progress in the sales cycle.
- Schedule automated follow-ups to ensure that lead nurturing moves forward according to a strategic sequence and planned timetable.
- Cultivate higher sales volume through upsell, cross-sell and follow-up promotions.
- Reactivate lapsed customers through email campaigns targeting subscribers who have not taken engagement steps or purchased recently.
By combining CRM with email, you can maximize your subscriber engagement, lead conversion rates, sales, repeat business and revenue. Businesses who use CRM to nurture leads see a 451 percent increase in qualified leads and a 47 percent increase in spend per purchase, according to data compiled by the Annuitas Group. This is one reason why CRM is considered the most essential marketing technology by 45 percent of B2B marketers.
How to Do Email Marketing CRM Integration
In order to effectively integrate your email marketing with your CRM, there are a number of proven strategies you can employ:
- Use a scoring system based on a profile of your ideal buyer to rank your leads so you can prioritize your most qualified leads who are ready to buy while nurturing other leads.
- Send customized emails based on criteria such as lead source, subscriber profile and subscriber engagement behavior.
- Track user engagement so you can see what actions leads have taken and where they are in the sales process.
- Set triggers to send follow-ups to subscribers based on behaviors that indicate the prospect is ready for the next step in the sales cycle.
- Schedule automated follow-ups to nurture leads and cultivate upsells, cross-sells and repeat business.
- Provide CRM data to sales and customer service representatives who are assisting leads via email or other support channels.
- Send real-time alerts to sales representatives when subscriber behaviors indicate a readiness to buy, so that appropriate follow-up can be taken via email or other channels.
Implementing these strategies will help you maximize the benefits of your email marketing efforts.
Selecting a Platform for CRM Email Integration
In order to implement these email strategies, you will need a CRM platform with suitable features. These features include native CRM features, such as the ability to send mass emails, schedule autoresponder messages, track subscriber engagement and apply analytics to your subscriber data. It’s also important to consider how your CRM platform integrates with external software, such as marketing automation software and contact center software. For optimal sales results, use a CRM tool that can connect with your contact center software, so that your sales and customer service representatives can apply your CRM data when assisting prospects and customers over email or other support channels.
8x8 Virtual Contact Center is designed to integrate out of the box with today’s leading CRM services, allowing you to combine your CRM solution with enterprise-quality cloud support center data that automatically displays customer CRM data to your representatives. If you’re not already using a CRM solution, 8x8 also offers its own Customer Relationship Management tool that is designed to integrate with 8x8’s suite of cloud-based contact center services, making it easy for your representatives to apply CRM data when serving customers over any support channel.
Integrating for Success
Integrating your email marketing with a CRM solution can multiply your sales success by helping you target your mailings, prioritize quality leads and follow up systematically with your best prospects. Choosing the right provider has a critical impact on your CRM email integration success. This includes choosing a cloud provider who supports your CRM and email solutions.
Your cloud provider and available features set directly affects your relationships with your clients, which directly affect your business' bottom line. Choose a superior cloud system and ensure that this effect is for the better. Fill out our online form today or call us at 1-866-879-8647 to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 Product Specialist.