Improve Customer Experience Using Call Center Simulation Assessment
Whether you're selling B2B or B2C, you have probably noticed that customers are expecting more from brands than ever before.
In fact, customer experience will surpass price or product selection as the key brand differentiator and 86% of buyers are willing to pay more for better customer experience.
Businesses need to improve the quality of customer interactions by hiring and training call center agents to ensure that they're delivering consistent and outstanding customer experience across all touchpoints.
How can you tell if job candidates or call center agents have the necessary skillsets and are performing up to standards? To do so, many organizations are using call center simulation software to help them improve their contact centers' quality and efficiency.
What's Contact Center Simulation Assessment?
Simulation software is widely used in training and recruitment to help organizations assess the performance of employees and job candidates.
Contact center simulation software is designed to immerse users in a virtual environment that recreates activities they need to perform as a call center agent. The interactive experience provides a hands-on way for users to carry out their job functions in a life-like manner, increasing the effectiveness and accuracy of the training and assessment.
As a training and recruiting tool, call center simulation tests offer objective data on candidates' performance in real-life situations. In addition, most call center simulation software allows employers to assess how agents perform in other customer touchpoints, such as live chat and messaging apps. This is becoming increasingly critical because customers now expect high-quality and consistent services across multiple channels.
How Organizations Use Call Center Simulation Assessment To Improve Customer Service and Reduce Cost?
Contact center simulation software allows organizations to test candidates and employees on how they handle a variety of customer interactions -- from simple data entry to complex situations such as dealing with difficult customers or handling complaints.
You can use call center simulation software to evaluate a candidate's ability to follow procedures, understand a customer's needs, collaborate with a team, identify a problem and devise a solution in a responsive manner, as well as handling multiple interactions simultaneously. You can also assess candidates' sales and marketing skills, which can help increase sales and conversion rates during customer interactions.
Here's how organizations can benefit from using call center assessment tools:
- Improve the performance and productivity of call agents to reduce wait time, queue size, and the number of dropped calls.
- Enhance the proficiency of agents to reduce the number of escalation to higher tier customer service representatives, which is often a lengthy and costly process.
- Leverage simulation results to predict workloads and streamline workflows so you can maximize staff utilization and increase cost-efficiency.
- Increase your agents' range of skills so they can be reassigned to help with overflowing calls during peak hours and maximize call handling efficiency.
- Improve the quality of customer interactions to increase customer satisfaction and retention.
- Test and refine new routing methods, workflows, scheduling, and capacity planning before implementation.
Selecting Contact Center Simulation Assessment Software
Based on the needs of your organization and business objectives, you can choose from a variety of call center simulation software applications. Here are some key capabilities to consider:
- The ability to accurately predict agents' on-the-job performance and reveal candidates' skill levels.
- Integration with other software applications (e.g., MS Office) so you can holistically assess all the skills required for an agent to perform her job.
- Analytics to provide insights into call patterns, workflow efficiency, call management algorithms, and variabilities in parameters such as call volumes, call handling time, abandonment rates, and transfer rules.
- An engaging and immersive experience that effectively tests the real-world problem-solving skills of agents and candidates.
- The ability to export and combine data from other sources for a 360-degree evaluation of the customer experience.
While not part of the 8x8 product suite, the right contact center assessment tools can help identify the most suitable candidates for each position while offering data and insights to help fine-tune your call center's operation and efficiency so you can deliver a streamlined and seamless customer experience that will boost conversion rates, increase customer satisfaction, and improve customer loyalty.
With 8x8's Virtual Contact Center you get world-class contact center technology and everything your domestic or international business needs without the need for multiple disparate systems. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.