How Hotel Phone Systems & Hotel PBX Can Empower Your Business
Efficient communication is imperative in a customer-centered industry like the hospitality sector. This makes superior hospitality phone systems a must for all restaurants, hotels and other hospitality-driven businesses. Quality phone service is not only crucial for your employee communications, but essential for improved customer service. Also, happy customers are prone to dish out great customer reviews — and great reviews attract more business and outstanding rapport. To that end, the evolution of technology has enabled providers to move from traditional phone systems to digital ones for improved service.
Why Exactly Have Providers Migrated From Traditional Systems?
Internet-based phone calls are cheaper, as you don't need expensive upfront installation fees. Employees productivity levels are also upped, as services such a VoIP enables staff to work remotely from their mobile devices. Cloud-based phone systems are more scalable, plus your system won't need annual upgrading by technicians. And then there's the extra features. These may include long-distance calls, auto-attendant, accurate analytics, SMS, toll-free numbers and video conferencing. So which systems are providers switching to, you may be wondering. Here's a look at some of the latest digital phone systems beneficial to the hospitality industry...
Cloud-Based PBX Systems
There are a few good reasons why you should replace your old Private Branch Exchange (PBX) with a hosted one. Some of them are:
- Third-party technical support. This is vital in an industry that requires optimal reliability from a phone system. With a traditional PBX, having a down line could affect reservations and customer satisfaction.
- Integration with property management systems. This enables hotels to combine all their communication tools into a single place, which helps to streamline operations.
- Automated call monitoring. This can be used for both inbound and outbound calls. It helps management save on costs paid to staff who monitor calls, as it has automated call logging and feedback.
- Call routing across various locales. This enables customers who are calling a hotel where there are no openings, to be transferred to the nearest partner hotel. It, therefore, streamlines the process of customers having to search for partner hotel telephone numbers.
CCaaS Phone Systems
Call Center as a Service (CCaaS) software provides similar functions as your traditional PBX, but with many additional features. Hotel contact centers play a vital role in promoting a friction-free guest experience. Here's why your should upgrade:
It's a better choice for disaster recovery than a traditional contact center. In the event of a disaster, customer service agents would still be able to access the call center, provided there's an Internet connection.
It's more cost effective, as no capital investments are necessary. Physical infrastructure upgrading is also not needed during up scaling or down scaling.
It provides real-time monitoring. With traditional contact centers, you may have been able to monitor statistics, but with 8x8s' virtual contact center's reporting and analytic features, you can monitor real-time statistics such as agent statistics, queue information and current interactions.
CCaaS comprises additional features. These may include Interactive Voice Response, supervisor/agent tools such as computer-telephony integration and skills-based routing. You'll also find web callback, co-browsing and skills-based routing here.
UCaaS Phone Systems
Redefine your customer experiences and boost your staff's productivity with Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) software. With its array of features, your staff will be able to handle all their daily operations via video conferencing, voice and text, and ultimately deliver a faster turnaround time for guest requests. Here are a few other reasons why making the switch to a UCaaS communications infrastructure is ideal:
Hotel operations can handle several locations from one intuitive interface.
- UCaaS enables hospitality staff to perform several functions by utilizing just VoIP. For instance, call expenses can be settled immediately, as the VoIP service enables hoteliers to access the full log of connections made from each room, Customers can also register their check-out, check-in and “do not disturb” statuses. Cleaning staff are also able to report the state of the room.
- VoIP provides added convenience for guests. Are your corporate guests always searching for a fax machine? Well now they can use internet faxes. Get this convenient tool with the Virtual Office pro extension, which will enable guests to receive or send faxes directly from their laptops.
- With the Virtual Office pro extension, guests can also enjoy the convenience of online meetings via web conferencing right there, or make conference calls from their mobile phones with our conference bridge VoIP feature.
Upgrade to Up Your Business
Streamlined communications is imperative for improving customer satisfaction in the hospitality industry. This can be achieved by switching from traditional phone systems to cloud-based or digital ones. Some of the most common types beneficial in today's hospitality industry are cloud-based PBX systems, CCaaS, and UCaaS phone systems.
Your cloud provider and available features set directly affects your relationships with your clients, which directly affect your business' bottom line. Choose a superior cloud system and ensure that this effect is for the better. Fill out our online form today or call us at 1-866-291-5417 to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 Product Specialist.