Tech Support Sales Tips You Need to Know
With the right approach to tech support sales, your organization can reach more customers and generate more sales. Take a look below to see some top tips on tech support sales that you and your team need to know.
Tech Support Sales Tips
Selling tech support isn't identical to other forms of selling, but there are similarities. Before you even begin a sales meeting, it's important to have the right mindset and to lay the groundwork for making the sale by doing a little upfront preparation and planning.
Before the meeting, consider these areas to help you prepare:
- Research. Learn what you can about your leads. Don't go into a meeting or a call without knowing some basic information about what your prospects need from tech support and what they're really looking for. Of course, you should also learn things like their size and what type of software and hardware support needs they might have.
- Suggestions. Come up with a rough sketch, at least, of which solution(s) are probably the best fit. Be patient though, and only reveal your suggestions after you've listened to your customer's needs. Be sure to listen carefully and adjust your thinking and suggestions accordingly.
You'll need to go in with the right mindset. If you go for the sale too soon and too forcefully, you'll likely end up scaring a prospect away instead of encouraging them to buy.
As you are trying to make the sale, here are some tips that might help:
- Consider the persona. Creating a buyer persona for your prospect is en vogue today for a reason. Outlining your prospect's motives, characteristics, and needs can help you get a better feel for what is truly driving them to consider your offer. It helps you tailor your offering to what they need. Get inside your prospect's head by picturing their job, their goals, and their unique perspective.
- Don't push it. Being too pushy usually doesn't pay off. It scares buyers away. Be patient and you're much more likely to succeed in the long run.
- Be a resource. The best sales and marketing teams today are also great resources for their customers. Provide your customers with knowledgeable information about tech support, and you'll be amazed at the results you get from your sales interactions.
- Use emotion. It's okay to look for your prospect's emotional motives and enlist them to make a sale. Sometimes, emotions like joy, anger, or frustration can be the right drives to use. Consider, for instance, how tech support can relieve your prospect's frustration.
- Tell a story. Storytelling and sharing customer experiences with your services can also help put your business in-context for buyers so they can see themselves getting the same kind of benefit from the service.
- Timing is everything. Buying is often a timed decision. When determining how to approach your prospect to make a sale, consider what timing your potential customer might be thinking of. Is it the end of a quarter and they need to spend their budget? Or did they just lose one tech support vendor? Find out if there's a time-related reason why they're considering your offer.
How Can I Sell Tech Support?
Selling tech support isn't much different from anything else you might sell, although you do have to be knowledgeable about your service and sell the tech details and specs. You might talk-up stats like your first call resolution, how you've helped improve your customers' uptime, or how many tickets you successfully address in a particular day for your customers. The key is to focus on value for the customer and be able to explain that value in relevant terms.
With the right software, it's easier to collaborate on sales and stay in touch with the entire team. UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service), VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), and CCaaS (Contact Center as a Service) can help you communicate so you can sell tech support more effectively.
Sell More Tech Support Services
With the right mindset and approach, your organization can sell more tech support services. It's important, to be honest and open with customers as well as patient.
Your sales and marketing teams need the best technology to be as productive as possible. With 8x8's Virtual Contact Center you get world-class technology and everything your domestic or international business needs all in one system. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.