Understanding Software Sales Support
Sales teams often have so much on their plate that essential sales tasks can't be completed without some help. Often, this help comes from sales support team members who are hired specifically for the role of helping the rest of the sales team. Some of this help, though, also comes from the software that companies use to get access to information, simplify sales work, and make it easier to keep in touch with prospects.
In this article, you can read about some of the ways software can support the sales team and offer an extension of capabilities and existing skillsets. Your team will be able to communicate and find relevant information when it's needed instead of feeling as overwhelmed or left in the dark.
What is Software Sales Support?
Software can provide support to sales teams in their work responsibilities so they can get more done and meet their sales quotas effectively. Thanks to great software, it's now getting even easier to support sales and assist them with their goals. Software sales support can be a defining difference for your organization and for your sales team, who likely could use the extra support.
At many organizations, sales support is a role or administrative responsibility. While it's true that not all of the sales support function can be handed-off to software, it's also possible to enlist the help of software systems to extend the reach of your sales support team. This is where software sales support can come in.
How Does Software Help Sales Reps Do Their Jobs?
Let's face it, the sales team is a busy place to be and sales teams generally have their hands full already. Software is a necessary part of the team at many organizations, where it's necessary as a way to get more done overall. The sales process has several different tasks that are challenging to do while also trying to communicate with customers and close sales deals.
To busy sales and marketing teams, there are many different research-related tasks to complete that software can replace (or make it much easier to do), such as:
- Finding emails - Thanks to the right email address, connecting with a prospect is much easier. Software can help you verify the email addresses you have and make sure they're valid before you send. Sometimes, you can also reference a database to help you find the right address.
- Recording and saving customer information - A CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software system can keep track of previous customer interactions and requests.
- Managing leads - With all of the leads a sales team typically has to manage and keep track of, it helps to have the right software and behind-the-scenes support. Tracking leads through the pipeline and keeping information accessible to the entire team is much easier thanks to the right software system.
- Getting accurate pricing information - Having the best, up-to-the-moment pricing information is possible thanks to software. Whenever something changes, instead of having to negotiation internally and struggle to find the right information to quote accurately, you can access more of the right data and compare the correct information.
- Making communication simpler - Thanks to UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service) and VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) software, it is much easier for everyone inside the organization to stay connected and communicate quickly. Create your own call center, easily and quickly send messages back and forth, and more.
With sales support, there's so much more your sales team can do. Extending the reach of your sales team is much more feasible thanks to the right software.
Getting Started with Software Sales Support
With the right software, your organization can provide help to your sales team and enable everyone to get more done. It's not always easy to provide the right resources to your sales team, but software can help make the difference.
Your sales and marketing teams need the best technology to be as productive as possible. With 8x8's Virtual Contact Center you get world-class technology and everything your domestic or international business needs all in one system. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.