Recruiting Solutions for Smart HR Teams
Recruiting is a complex, long, and expensive process. From placing want ads to screening and interviewing candidates to onboarding successful candidates, the recruitment process can take months and cost an amount equivalent to a significant percentage of an employee’s annual salary. Anything that can simplify and shorten this process can save employers and HR personnel time as well as money.
Using the latest digital recruiting solutions can significantly increase the efficiency of your hiring process, making it easier to find, evaluate, interview, and hire suitable candidates. Here’s how today’s high-tech recruitment tools can help your HR department.
Today’s Recruitment Challenges
Recruitment is filled with challenges, which permeate every phase of the hiring process:
- Finding qualified candidates is today’s biggest recruiting obstacle: While technology has made it easier for applicants to find and apply for jobs, the greater volume of applicants has not translated into an increase in quality. Over three-quarters of employers say attracting top talent is their biggest hiring challenge, according to a Glassdoor survey. As the economy improves and unemployment rates fall, competition for qualified candidates will intensify, further accentuating this problem.
- Screening candidates is another major challenge: With online job search tools increasing the number of candidates who apply for a position, HR recruiters may find themselves flooded with more paperwork than they can handle. Each application may take hours or days to review.
- Interviewing candidates can be a challenge as well: Interviewers are only human, and they can succumb to human error during the interview process. Factors such as using different interviewers for different candidates, failing to ask different candidates the same questions, fatigue from interviewing too many candidates, or simply having a bad day can lead to interviewers making subjective snap decisions that result in hiring the wrong candidates or passing over top hiring opportunities.
- Onboarding candidates presents its own set of challenges: Communicating with new hires, getting routine paperwork filled out, and scheduling employee training can consume significant amounts of time.
These types of challenges introduce inefficiencies that slow the recruiting process and increase the cost of recruiting. Using an external recruitment firm can cost 15 to 25 percent of an employee’s annual salary per hire, while the salary for an internal HR manager can cost upwards of $90,000.
High-tech Recruitment Software Solutions
To meet the challenges of the hiring process, HR departments and recruitment firms have turned to a number of high-tech recruitment software solutions:
- Applicant tracking system (ATS) solutions help automate the key steps in the hiring process. An ATS can serve as a platform for creating job descriptions and posting them to job boards, making the process of attracting candidates easier. It can also screen incoming CVs for keywords to identify and prioritize qualified candidates, saving time reviewing applications. It can further provide objective scoring systems for evaluating candidate interviews, helping reduce subjectivity in hiring decisions.
- Video interviewing tools allow recruiters to interview candidates from any location at any time. This makes it easier to schedule and conduct interviews, allowing recruiters to process more interviews in less time.
- Onboarding software streamlines the process of bringing new hires aboard, automating tasks such as populating fields in paperwork and approving electronic signatures, while also providing a platform to deliver training modules.
These types of recruiting solutions increase the efficiency of the hiring process, saving time and money.
How Communication Recruitment Tools Can Help Your Hiring Process
All these recruitment solutions depend on reliable communication tools to contact, interview, and onboard applicants. To support this, 8x8 offers a number of cutting-edge communication recruiting solutions that can be used individually or in combination:(4)
- Unified communications as a service (UcaaS) platform: UcaaS integrates communications channels including voice, email, web chat, social media, and video into a single communications tool, making it easy to switch back and forth from one channel to another when contacting recruits or conducting interviews.
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP): VoIP, which can be integrated with UcaaS, delivers voice communication with advanced phone features directly over the Internet, reducing the cost of phone equipment and long distance calls while allowing recruiting team members to manage calls from any location over mobile devices.
- Contact center as a service (CcaaS): Cloud-based contact center tools leverage the power of UcaaS and VoIP to provide virtual support center capability, allowing a recruitment team to manage contact with recruits over any channel from the cloud.
Setting up Your Recruiting Solution
8x8 communication recruitment tools come with built-in enterprise-grade security, ensuring that your recruits’ personal information stays secure.
Today’s digital recruiting solutions can make it easy for your team to contact, interview, and hire qualified candidates. The right technology makes all the difference when it comes to recruiting and retaining key talent. Streamline your recruitment process with 8x8 and focus on growing your recruitment business. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out our form online to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 Product Specialist.