How Do You Outsource Your Sales Team?
Outsourced sales teams allow companies to have other organizations do their sales work for them so they can focus on their core business instead. These other companies are trusted 3rd parties that work closely with their clients to accomplish their sales goals and hit quotas.
It's important though to understand how outsourced sales works and how your own organization can benefit. You'll also discover some of the software systems outsourced sales teams rely on everyday to get their work done.
How Do You Outsource Your Sales Team?
With an outsourced sales team, your organization can hire a trusted 3rd party business that can perform the work of an in-house sales team to help you meet sales quotas, extend the reach of your existing sales team and become more productive. Small businesses may choose to outsource sales in order to benefit from a larger sales team than what they could normally afford, while larger organizations may outsource in order to scale their workforce to meet changing needs.
To start, you'll need to find and hire an outsourcing company. You'll also need to decide what type of team you need, i.e. sales or sales and marketing? Sales and marketing teams are generally rolled into the same department, but with many 3rd party vendors you can hire-out each team separately, depending on your needs.
What Is the Benefit of Outsourcing Your Sales Team?
Outsourcing your sales department can have a variety of benefits for your organization. Here are just a few:
- Save money on salaries and benefits: If your organization doesn't need to hire a full-time sales staff, then outsourcing can allow you to still get the work done while also saving funds.
- Scale your workforce: Outsourcing is highly scalable, making it easier for companies to meet their own exact sales needs. Get workers when you need them.
- Gain experienced staff: If your company struggles to find experienced and qualified sales staff, then hiring an outsourcing company could be a viable solution to the problem of finding the right people.
- Use new technology and methods: With outsourcing, you can often find a company that knows sales better and has access to improved technologies and ideas. Outsourcing allows you to benefit from the best in the business.
For these and other reasons, many businesses ultimately choose to outsource their sales activities to another company.
What Software will You Need If You Hire an Outsourced Sales Team?
Once your business hires an outsourced sales team, you'll need to communicate effectively with the other organization.
Outsourced sales teams generally use cloud-hosted software solutions to help them stay productive and communicate effectively. For instance, they may need the following:
- CRM (customer relationship management) software - CRMs allow the sales team to keep track of customer communications and interactions.
- UCaaS (unified communications as a service) - With a UCaaS system, all the communications systems a company needs are rolled into a single software platform. This makes it easier to stay connected as an organization and reach new customers.
- VoIP (voice over internet protocol) - VoIP is an Internet-based phone service that can help teams communicate affordably and allow them to use advanced features they might not otherwise have access to.
- Cloud Storage - Of course, files need to be stored and accessed. This can be true for software as well. Whether a company is using proprietary software of their own or benefiting from another company's software, it all needs to be stored and operated somewhere.
These and other software systems can be useful to outsourced sales teams. Productivity, collaboration and communication are top priorities for many organizations---having the right software makes it all so much easier.
Getting Started with Outsourced Sales
Outsourced sales teams allow organizations to have someone else do the sales work so the company can focus on their core business instead. These organizations typically operate using contracts that are made between the two companies to outline expectations and responsibilities. Sit down with your team today to see if your business could benefit from the an outsourced sales and marketing team, and all the benefits that come with them.
Your business has enough on its plate. Outsource what makes sense for your business, choose a world class SaaS technology solution and focus on what's important: your clients. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.