The Benefits of Outsourcing Telemarketing Services
Perhaps you already know a thing or two about telemarketing. Simply put, telemarketing is a direct marketing method which involves contacting clients as well as potential clients by telephone or web conferencing. It is important to note that face-to-face meetings and direct mailing are not part of this process.
Telemarketing is a sustainable and effective marketing technique, especially for business-to-business lead generations. According to the UK based B2B Marketing, the return on investment for every pound spent on B2B telemarketing is £11. Telemarketing allows you to instantly measure your client's level of interest in your product or service. Also, telemarketing enables your company to do the following:
- Provide a more interactive and customized sale service
- Create an instant connection with your customers
- Enlighten customers on technical issues
- Generate automatic leads and appointments
- Sell at a global level
- Influence more customers than with traditional sales calls
- Achieve measurable results
As such, it goes with saying that telemarketing is a crucial method of generating sales leads. However, as a company, you must decide to establish an in-house telemarketing unit or outsource. If you set up an in-house telemarketing unit, you will be able to:
- Have direct and full control of your telemarketing team
- Easily access the telemarketing team as and when you may need them. This will lead to quick decision making
- Personalize and customize your telemarketing campaigns
However, setting up and maintaining in-house telemarketing will need massive investments, from the salaries and fringe benefits of your telemarketing team, physical floor space, to investments in infrastructure and technology. To avoid the challenges that come with an in-house telemarketing unit, sometimes it is better to outsource telemarketing services.
Outsourcing Telemarketing Services
When you outsource your telemarketing services, then it means that a third-party vendor will manage the outsourced telemarketing services on your behalf. Outsourcing telemarketing services is a more cost-effective solution. Some of the benefits of outsourcing telemarketing services include:
- Enables you to focus on your core business - With outsourced telemarketing services, you will spend less time and money in planning and conducting telemarketing campaigns. You will only need a few hours to monitor and review the progress of the outsourced telemarketing activities. This will lead to increased business productivity.
- Cuts operational and labor costs - By outsourcing, you won’t need floor space for your telemarketing team. You will not worry about submitting tax deductions and returns for your team. You will not have to hire, pay or train a telemarketing team. Equally, there will be no need of investing in expensive telemarketing equipment and technology. This is because your telemarketing services provider will be in charge.
- High-quality telemarketing services - Unless your core business is telemarketing, you may not have a skilled workforce to execute world-class telemarketing services. When you outsource your telemarketing services, you will be guaranteed to tap into the industry-proven experience of your telemarketing provider.
Things to Consider when Outsourcing Telemarketing Services
Outsourcing telemarketing services takes control out of your hands. You will never know if the contracted provider follows your recommended script or even makes the calls. Also, the telemarketing company may not be well-versed with your industry, customer base or products.
To ensure that outsourced telemarketing services achieve your intended business goals, you should consider the following:
- Clearly define your telemarketing needs and scripts beforehand
- Ensure that the telemarketing company understands your industry, customer base and products
- Establish a monitoring and evaluation system that will help you check up on how effectively the telemarketing provider is selling your products. The tracking system should be able to track the responses they get from leads. You should be able to access their reporting processes and know the KPIs they use.
- Maintain a communication channel that adapts to the different time zones. Engage a telemarketing provider that speaks your (and your customers’) language of communication.
- Select a telemarketing services provider that is committed to staying compliant with corporate, industry and government regulations. The cloud service provider should maintain security by employing the latest industry certifications and regulations. They should also develop the best practices for handling customer data, particularly for highly regulated industries such as healthcare and finance.
Why Is a CCaaS Solution Necessary?
To outsource telemarketing services: your company will need a world-class CCaaS technology solution that combines world-class contact center capabilities, workforce optimization, advanced business phone and collaboration services, and unified communications. Your telemarketing provider should be able to provide global support centers. Service providers like 8x8 offer contact centers that can manage up to 18 different communications vendors. With 8x8 Virtual Contact Center, you enjoy everything you need in one place.
Your business has enough on its plate. Outsource what makes sense for your business. Choose a world-class SaaS technology solution and focus on what's important: your clients. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.