Choosing the Right Healthcare Insurance Call Center Solution
The open enrollment period at the end of each year has become an extremely busy time for healthcare insurance call center agents, creating major challenges for healthcare office managers. The Affordable Care Act has dramatically increased the number of customers seeking assistance with health insurance enrollment and renewal issues, flooding healthcare offices with a higher volume of support requests than ever.
This higher demand is coupled with higher competition, with consumers expecting providers to deliver superior service if they want to maintain their business. Meanwhile, heightened security threats and tightened regulations place a heavy burden on healthcare insurance centers to meet complex compliance requirements when handling this increased volume of support tickets.
To address this array of issues, healthcare insurance providers are increasingly turning to cutting-edge call center solutions that provide the efficiency and security needed to handle high call volume quickly yet securely.
Open Enrollment Busy Season Challenges
The year-end open enrollment period heightens and intensifies several key challenges that health insurance call center staff face throughout the year:
- Higher Call Volume: The Affordable Care Act is expected to add 33 million new insurance customers to the marketplace over the first decade since its passage, according to Congressional Budget Office estimates. Additionally, up to 5 million consumers previously insured through employers are anticipated to seek new coverage options. The issues consumers need assistance with have also grown more complex in the wake of the ACA. Together, the growing volume and complexity of insurance inquiries have placed a heavier burden on insurance call centers.
- Raised Consumer Expectations: Today’s healthcare consumer also has higher expectations of insurance providers. The federal government’s Healthcare Gov call center provides 24/7 support to consumers, while the accompanying website allows consumers to search for local help, agents, and brokers who can assist them and provide plan and price comparisons. Consumers expect private insurance call centers to deliver similar omnichannel support options, service levels, selection, and price comparisons. Private insurance carriers who seek to stay competitive must be prepared to meet consumers’ demand for superior support.
- Regulatory Compliance Requirements: In the process of meeting consumers’ insurance needs, providers must also meet increasingly strict regulatory requirements, such as HIPAA privacy and security provisions and PCI payment security compliance standards.
Together, higher call volume raised consumer expectations, and regulatory requirements place a heavy burden on health insurance call centers.
Healthcare Insurance Call Center Solutions
To meet the high demands of today’s competitive insurance environment, a viable healthcare insurance call center infrastructure must meet several critical criteria:
- Automated Support for Human Agents: To handle high call volume while still delivering service levels competitive with the 24/7 service provided by the Healthcare Gov call center, private call centers need to support automated service options such as web self-service, chatbots, and IVR that supplement human support teams.
- Omnichannel Integration: To meet consumer expectations of omnichannel support, call center infrastructures need to be able to manage support from multiple channels through a single interface.
- Security Compliance: To meet regulatory requirements, insurance call center solutions with sufficiently rigorous standards should be provided by vendors.
A viable health insurance call center solution should meet all these parameters.
Finding the Right Health Insurance Call Center Solution
8x8 communication solutions for healthcare are designed to meet the requirements needed by providers such as insurance call centers:
- Cloud Contact Center Infrastructure for Integrated Human and Automated Support Channels: The 8x8 cloud center interface allows your call center to deliver both human support through channels such as VoIP, live chat, and email as well as automated support through channels such as IVR. Human agents see pop-ups that display all relevant customer information, while automated tools can access the same information, allowing answers to customer questions to be delivered quickly and efficiently.
- Omnichannel Support Integration: 8x8’s contact center solutions encompass all major support channels, including voice support with a full range of business phone services, web support, chat, and email.
- Enterprise-Grade Security Compliance: 8x8 solutions include vigilant security monitoring and are designed to meet the highest security standards for a wide range of industries, including HIPAA and PCI.
By meeting all these requirements and more, 8x8 communications solutions provide everything healthcare insurance providers need to deliver efficient, secure support to high volumes of customers.
Choose a Secure Call Center Solution and Stay Competitive
Today’s busy healthcare insurance market requires an efficient, secure call center platform for insurance providers who wish to stay competitive. When it comes to healthcare, 8x8 provides reliable and compliant cloud solutions at a demanding level rarely seen by other cloud providers. Don't take your chances with a subpar cloud-based telecom system. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.