Who should take this course?
System administrators who will administer and configure 8x8 Contact Center (CC) solutions.
The Contact Center Administration and Configuration self-paced, interactive course provides Contact Center administrators with the knowledge and skills necessary to perform common administrative tasks for inbound voice channels. Trainees will have the opportunity to review completed configuration settings, followed by practice exercises which simulate tasks within the actual interface.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Review Contact Center concepts and terms
- Given a scenario, step through the process of configuring a working CC voice channel solution—with appropriate users, channels, queues and IVR script
- Create administrator accounts with specific account permissions
- Identify the the purpose of Dial Plans and associated dial plan rules
- Identify the function of Status, Transaction, and Outbound codes—practice and test the configuration of these codes
- Discover the purpose of Wallboards and configure and test the completed Wallboard
- Configure a local CRM to solve a business need
- Overview and Terminology
- Building a basic Contact Center tenant
- Security and custom rules
- Dial plans
- Contact Center codes
Frequently Asked Questions
I am new to 8x8. How do I get training?
The 8x8 University offers both fee-based training for end users and administrators, and free online training for selected products. If you wish to enroll in fee-based training and training was not included on your sales order, contact your sales representative or email email@example.com.
What is virtual, instructor-led training (VILT)?
VILT classes are led live by an 8x8 instructor and delivered virtually, via computer and audio connection.
What are the technical requirements to attend a virtual, instructor-led training class?
Participants need a computer, audio connection (headset), internet access, and the ability to connect to the web meeting.
How can I enroll in classes?
What is open enrollment?
An open enrollment class is open to participants regardless of their company affiliation.
I have more than one Admin that needs training – can I have them all sit in a conference room to attend the training?
No, all training is on a per-person/per-seat basis. If you have additional colleagues that need to attend, please work with your sales representative to purchase additional seats.
How long will access be available for courses purchased?
What is the maximum time period available to schedule remote training sessions or Adoption Kit consultation calls?
Sessions and consultation calls must be booked within six months from the date of the order placed with 8x8.