Unified Communications - What it is, Why Your Business Needs it
Digital transformation makes our world feel a lot smaller than it actually is, thanks to advances in video conferencing, instant messaging, SMS messaging, Voice Over IP, voicemail, real-time collaboration and mobile devices. When you combine all of these communication channels and make them available through a single, cohesive application, you have unified communications.
TechTarget defines Unified Communications (UC) as:
"...a framework for integrating various asynchronous and real-time communication tools, with the goal of enhancing business communication, collaboration, and productivity. Unified communications do not represent a singular technology; rather, it describes an interconnected system of enterprise communication devices and applications that can be used in concert or successively."
Subscribing to these services and provisioning access to them to users separately isn't just inefficient and more costly, doing so can also expose your business security vulnerabilities and compliance violations.
UC Provides Benefits Across Your Organization
Unified communications services from 8x8 create happiness and peace of mind across your organization:
- A single vendor invoice and makes life easier for your finance department. They will also love the savings opportunities for international local and toll-free numbers, and unlimited calling within either 14 or 47 countries.
- One Service Level Agreement with five-nines reliability will be welcome news for your contracting/legal department.
- The Virtual Office applications for mobile, laptop and desktop devices provide a cohesive and consistent user experience throughout. Users can quickly find their colleagues in the corporate directory, and tap or click to call in seconds. No phone numbers or extensions to remember.
- Customer Service Managers will be happy that UC solutions can be augmented with omnichannel contact center solutions.
Sales and marketing professionals can be more productive with seamless integration of the UC interface into applications they use every day, such as:
- Cloud CRM platforms like Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Netsuite and ZenDesk
- Productivity suites like G Suite and Microsoft Office 365 for appointment setting and email
- Video conferencing is available in HD quality, and the Tolly Group rated 8x8 audio as better than Microsoft Skype for Business, Google Hangouts, and RingCentral
- Security, Privacy and Compliance executives will be happy that 8x8 X-Series Unified Communications solutions meet regulatory standards like GDPR, HIPAA, PCI and FISMA, and the Privacy Shield Framework.
- Your IT department will be happy with the ease day-to-day management, and to configure Interactive Voice Response menu options. It's the simple to add users and groups to the directory, and integration with Okta for single sign-on (SSO) through Okta integration with Active Directory (AD). Integrations are documented, supported, and recorded administrator training is available on-demand.
Your employees' families and your customers will be happy that Unified Communications can help your teams work from home and be as accessible away from the office as they are at work in case of emergency.
Operations executives will appreciate the robust reporting capability as far as historical and real-time analytics, available through intuitive data visualization dashboards.
Scalable Solutions for Small to Mid-Sized Businesses, and Enterprise-Ready
8x8 was recognized as a Leader in the Unified Communication Solutions sector for the eighth year running. They cited how we have many successful SMB deployments and enterprise services which support between one and five-thousand users throughout Europe, North America, and Asia-Pacific.
Provided companies have fast, reliable internet, they can host video conferences for up to 100 people in high definition. Hosts and audience members can easily join from their device of choice, and communicate via voice or instant messaging. You can port your existing phone number, so there's no need to reprint stationery or business cards or change number everywhere it exists online.
Improving Virtual Meetings
Unified Communications allow your employees, partners, and customers to meet and discuss business matters in context, assisted by video, whiteboarding or slide decks. Screen sharing is ideal for businesses like high tech companies that want to demonstrate their cloud application or law firms that want to review client documents during a discussion about a corporate merger or acquisition.
Virtual meetings and discussions, and supporting video and audio are secure, and 8x8's redundant, high availability hosting infrastructure mitigates any latency or outages, providing local internet services are performing to specifications. We monitor our global data centers 24/7 to ensure our systems and applications are available when you need them.
Your business needs every cog in your machine to be as productive as possible. With 8x8's Team Messaging System your business gets the unified messaging it needs without the need for multiple disparate systems. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.