How do I set up a holiday schedule for my Auto Attendant?
Account Manager makes it easy tell callers when your business is operating on special holiday hours. Simply select a holiday date on the calendar, record and upload your special holiday greeting, set the appropriate Auto Attendant behavior, and you’re good to go! Your original Auto Attendant settings will revert back to normal business hours and after-hour rules the day after the holiday. (Holiday greetings are in effect for 24 hours at a time.)
To Set Up a Holiday Schedule With Auto Attendant:
- Log in to Account Manager.
- From the top navigation bar, click Phone System.
- Under the Phone System menu on the left, click Auto Attendant. A list of Auto Attendant profiles displays in the middle of the page.
- In the Auto Attendant Profile column, click Edit on the row of the Auto Attendant name and extension that you wish to edit.
- In the pop-up, click Proceed without copy. The Edit Auto Attendant page displays.
- Click the plus sign (+) to expand Hours of Operation.
- Scroll down to the Holiday Hours (Optional) section.
- Click the green plus sign (+) to Add a date to the holiday calendar.
- On the blank line in the Date column, click the icon to open the calendar. Use the arrows to navigate to the date you wish to designate as a holiday.
- Highlight and click on the date to select it. Note that you can select one day at a time. Holiday greetings operate for 24 hours.
- Once selected, the date will display in the Date column. Enter a description (e.g., July 4th Holiday).
- At the bottom of the page, click Save.
Next, you’ll want to manage the rules and recordings for your holiday dates.
In Auto Attendant Information, select Holiday Hours Rules and Recordings to display the Auto Attendant Main Menu section.
To Manage Holiday Schedule Rules:
- Under Dialpad Key Settings, set the options for what callers will hear when they select a number in the IVR:
– In the Press column, select the Key # from the drop-down menu.
– In the Description column, enter a description of what will happen when the customer selects that key; for example: Holiday Greeting.
– In the Call Routing field, use the drop-down menu to select the action that will occur; for example: “Transfer to External Number.”
– In the blank filed, input the phone number to which calls will route in 11-digit format (including the numeral 1; no spaces or hyphens).
– If you have multiple holiday greetings, the active one will appear at the bottom of the list.
- Click Save. The Success pop-up window will display. (If you do not see this Success message, your holiday call routing rules will not operate.)
- Click OK.
To Record Special Holiday Greetings:
In the Manage Recordings tab (below Dialpad Key Settings), click Record Recording and follow the on-screen instructions.
You can record greetings directly from your phone. Simply enter your phone number in the box, click Start Recording, follow the IVR instructions and click Done Recording when you are finished.
The new greeting will appear in the list of Recordings.
To Upload Special Holiday Greetings:
- To upload an existing audio file from your computer, click Upload Recording under the Manage Recording tab.
- Click the Add button.
- Locate and select the audio file recording on your computer.
- Click Upload.
- Review the Electronic Signature text, and click “I Agree” to certify that you are not uploading a copyright-protected file, and that you have the legal right to use the recording you are uploading.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click OK.
NOTE: Audio files are limited to 10mb and must be in an accepted file format: .au, .wav, .vox or .mp3.
To Forward Calls to an External Number With An Announcement-Only Greeting:
- Click to open the Holiday Hours, Rules and Recordings tab.
- Click Additional Options.
- From the pull-down menu, select Transfer to External Number.
- Enter the Phone Number in 11-digit format (including the numeral 1; no spaces or hyphens).
- Adjust settings as desired:
– Number of seconds the system should wait before taking next action.
– Allow callers to Dial an Extension at any point during the recording.
- Click Save.
Last, be sure to implement your Auto Attendant settings.
From the Phone System menu on the left, select Auto Attendant to display the Auto Attendant profile page.
In the Status column for the selected Auto Attendant profile, click Turn On to implement changes and activate Holiday Hours messaging and call routing.