How do I set up business, lunch and after-hours rules?
It’s easy to make sure phone calls route where you want them to ring, when you set business hours in Account Manager. Use these rules to route after-hours and lunchtime calls to your Auto Attendant. It’s almost like having another employee to answer the phone when you’re not there!
If you have already created your Auto Attendant Profile, follow the directions below.
To create a new Auto Attendant Profile, follow Step 1-Create a New Profile. Read instructions on the Before You Begin page. The Auto Attendant Worksheet will help you determine what schedule and rules you need to set to meet your business needs.
Set-up Your Business, Lunch, and After-business Hour Rules
Select Phone System from the top navigation bar, and select Auto Attendant from the menu on the left.
Auto Attendant Profiles display.
- Identify the existing Auto Attendant Profile that you want to modify (check name and extension number). In the Actions column, click Edit.
- If the profile is not active (visible in the Turn On / Turn Off column), the Edit Auto Attendant page will open
- If you are editing an active profile, select Proceed without copy
To create a new Auto Attendant Profile, click the link under the Actions column: Create Auto Attendant Profile
On the Edit Auto Attendant page, scroll down and click the plus sign (+) to expand Hours of Operation.
Follow instructions on the page to:
- Set Business Hours
- Leave blank days your business is closed to automatically use after-hours recordings on those dates
- Define Lunch Hours
- Set Business Hours Exceptions on a specific date (optional)
- Set Holiday Hours (optional)
Once your hours have been defined, click Save at the bottom of the page.
Now that your hours have been defined, you must make sure you have corresponding greetings recorded and uploaded.
On the same Edit Auto Attendant page, scroll down and click the plus sign to expand Business Hours Rules and Recordings.
Here is where you Manage Recordings by recording and uploading greetings for:
- Auto Attendant Main Menu
- After Hours Rules and Recordings
- Lunch Hours Rules and Recordings
You can also set Additional Options, such as which recording to play if the caller makes no selection.
A helpful resource is the Auto Attendant Worksheet.
For more information, refer to How to Upload Recordings for Auto Attendant.