How to Find the Right SIP 2 SIP Trunk Provider for You
SIP 2 SIP trunk providers offer their customers a way to connect their phone systems to the public phone system. Not all providers are created equal, though. These services companies can differ from each other in customer service, reliability, quality, and cost. Of course, they can also differ in the portfolio of services they offer, as well.
With a great SIP 2 SIP trunk provider, you can find high-quality service to help you connect to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
What is SIP 2 SIP Trunking?
SIP 2 SIP trunking connects one SIP trunk with others — it's another way of describing the connection to other phone networks for direct communications. A trunk is just a bunch of multiple lines. It's a little cumbersome, but this language is all based on the history of phones.
Here are a few more helpful definitions:
- VoIP: An Internet-based phone service that doesn't use traditional public phone networks via copper telephone wires — instead, VoIP uses the Internet and transmits phone calls as data between servers.
- Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS): This is a term we now use for legacy phone systems dependent on the old design for phone service — copper wire networks placed around the world just to carry phone connections.
- Lines: Originally, a phone line was a literal physical line placed to carry phone service. Now, these lines are an abstract way of imagining Internet phone service. The phone connection happens via the Internet, but we still refer to a phone line sometimes.
- Trunks: A trunk is a bunch of phone lines — a bundle of line wires. Of course, this is no longer so literal. Now, a trunk can mean a bunch of connections that happen via the Internet.
SIP 2 SIP trunking, then, is a service that helps you connect to other SIP trunks, just as it likely helps you connect to POTS subscribers. It's basically another term often used for VoIP vendors.
Top SIP 2 SIP Trunk Vendors
The top SIP 2 SIP trunk vendors offer high-quality VoIP services so your business doesn't have to worry as much about downtime, scalability, voice quality, or other functionality issues. You can access the features you need and get more value for your investment.
If you're ready to find the right vendor, it pays to compare services and see a live demo, if possible. Not every vendor is the same, and not everyone has the right experience for your industry and size of business, either. You should be prepared to ask questions and learn more about how a specific vendor's VoIP service works so you can find the right fit for your organization.
How to Choose the Right SIP Trunk Provider
Finding the right phone service for your business can be challenging, but we're here to help. By carefully considering your own phone service needs, you can identify a SIP trunk provider that will likely fit your needs better than the others. Take the time to shop around and do your research, and it'll pay off with a better fit and more options for your organization.
Follow these tips to make your search easier:
- Prepare questions for each vendor to answer or that you can research on your own
- Outline your own most important features in a phone service and start making a list of providers who meet your criteria
- Reach out to individual vendors to ask questions, learn about features, and request a demo if you're interested in learning more about what they have to offer
- Ask your team if they have any ideas, preferences, or needs. Give them an opportunity to voice any questions or concerns they have about the process
- Find out what platforms and vendors your colleagues recommend
In no time, you should be able to identify several possible choices. From there, start narrowing down your list and remove any that aren't a good fit for your organization.
Starting VoIP service can be a process. Choose a SIP trunk provider who understands your industry and knows how to serve your company's needs.
Choosing the right technology is crucial to a growing business. Take the uncertainty out of the equation by choosing a SIP technology provider that can scale to meet your business' needs whatever they may be at any given time. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.