VoIP Call for Business
Did you know a VoIP call can save you money? If you have a retail business, you're likely looking for ways to lower costs. And, VoIP phones offer cost-efficient solutions you might not know about. From video and voice calling to remote calling, VoIP phones offer advanced features. You can customize them as your business grows and you can start seeing a better return now.
Here's a little insight into VoIP phone technologies and how 8x8 can help.
What is VoIP Call?
If you've ever questioned, "What is a VoIP call?" You're not alone. For some retail business owners, landline and fax are all they need. But, they might not know that VoIP phone technology has quite a bit to offer.
VoIP stands for voice over internet protocol. It uses analog audio signals and turns them into digital data. The data is transferred over the internet and it can be used for videos or phone calls.
VoIP phones use broadband or internet for their connection. These aren't the same as traditional landlines that use copper wires. With VoIP phones, you can plug them into your router and you're not limited to one location.
How Does VoIP work?
VoIP uses digital technology that's encrypted. It can encrypt your video or voice call into 1s and 0s and these are unencrypted on the other caller's side so they can decipher the video or voice call.
VoIP works using a few different types of technologies:
- Analog Telephone Adapters. These let you make a standard phone call from your internet connection.
- VoIP Phones. With a VoIP phone, you can use your Ethernet connection or router. These specialized phones let you manage call histories, record calls, and use remote calling. VoIP uses softphone software and most calls are free. When you set up service with your internet provider, you might find that a 75 Mbps internet connection lets you set up 100 phones. Need fewer phone lines? 5 Mbps might support 25 phone lines. If you want to allow more features like video and streaming, just increase your internet speed.
- SIP Technology. You know you can make a video conference call. With SIP technology, you can make video conferences and calls from one device to the next with SIP addresses.
Why Businesses Prefer VoIP
Businesses prefer VoIP because it's a cost-efficient solution. It lets them reach clients on a wider scale than landlines. Landlines include a cheap price you can get a few lines: One for your customers, one for your merchant terminal, and one for your fax. And, that's where you've made a big mistake.
Landlines use public switched telephone networks and can only offer a few features. These include call forwarding, voicemail, and call waiting.
Advantages and Disadvantages with VoIP
- Setup is easy if you have a basic internet connection.
- You can start saving money right away as internet plans are cheap and you're not paying for long distance.
- There's no limit to how many lines you can add. That means you can scale your business. And, you can move and keep the same phone numbers and extensions.
- Depending on your phone configurations, lags or latency might be a problem. Upgrading your headset and ensuring phones are on their own IP can help.
- You might lose access to 911 if phones aren't set up correctly. Testing your phone line setup can ensure you can reach emergency services if there's a weather event or other emergency.
How VoIP Phone Solutions Can Help Your Business
If you want better ways to create exceptional customer experiences, 8x8 can help your retail business.
With 8x8's VoIP Phone Solutions you can access features like:
- Remote calling. Customers can reach you on the go, but they'll think they called your business.
- Voice to email. This lets customers leave messages that are translated into emails. You can respond faster and improve customer experiences (CXs).
- Cost-savings. With little to no cost for video and phone calls, you can engage customers more every step in the customer journey.
Using VoIP for your business provides you with cost-efficient solutions to grow and scale. You can save money with video and voice calls and use enhanced features like remote calling and voice to email. Let 8x8's VoIP phone solutions help you improve your communications and get a better ROI.
When it comes to VoIP, 8x8 provides a reliable and compliant cloud solution at a demanding level rarely seen by other cloud providers. Don't take your chances with a subpar cloud-based telecom system. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.