Do You Need a Special Phone for VoIP?
Do you need a special phone for VoIP? That's the first question a secretary or law clerk at your firm might ask. Maybe you're updating the equipment at your legal practice. While a new phone system might not be high on your list, it's essential. Voice over internet protocol (VoIP) phones offers more than antiquated phones. Regardless of your firm's size, VoIP can lower your phone costs and help with expenses. And yes, you do need a special VoIP phone because they offer more features than standard phones.
Here are a few features VoIP phones offer. And, a few reasons law firms are switching to broadband and VoIP phone service.
Why Analog Phones Aren't Enough
Analog phone lines are traditional landlines. These use copper wires and have been used for decades. While they are reliable lines, they can only offer callers hold, mute, forward, and redial. And, landlines don't work remotely.
Because law firms want a professional setting regardless of office size VoIP phones are the answer. A VoIP phone system runs through broadband cable and it has more to offer. Its features are practically limitless because it's digital and uses the internet. And, it's a cost-effective solution more law firms are exploring. VoIP usage has increased every year by 14 percent since 2009.
Additionally, switching to VoIP can save law firms money. Local phone charges are reduced by as much as 40 percent. International call rates drop by as much as 90 percent. And, new business start-up costs drop by as much as 90 percent.
Benefits of Using VoIP
Today, the legal industry is more competitive than ever. When potential clients call with legal questions, they don't want to wait for a return call. And, lawyers know by readily responding, they might secure new accounts.
VoIP benefits include:
- Reliable Mobile Phone Integration. Take calls on your smartphone. Callers won't even know you're out of the office. This is essential for lawyers that might be busy in court. They'll never miss calls and can maintain professional appearances.
- Convenient Time Logging. Firms have billable hours and can use a feature called time-logging. It's easy to track calls and review call logs for billing purposes.
- Helpful Phone and Video Conferencing. For busy offices, meetings are easy to set up with VoIP. You can schedule meetings with other firms, partners, and clients. Your legal secretaries, paralegals, and clerks can reach clients and conference in other parties.
- Call tracking, call forwarding, and call recording. Record calls to confirm client details. Tracking makes it easy to send calls to you remotely. There are also less dropped calls and calls are easy to transfer.
- VoIP integrates with CRM. You can quickly review client information before calls. You don't have to worry about opening files or physical client notes.
- Secure phone lines. With more security, client information is secure and encrypted.
- Better sound quality. There's less background noise. This helps if a client call is transferred to you while you're out of the office.
8x8's VoIP Phone System and Software
8x8 was named a leader in Gartner’s Unified Communications as a Service Magic Quadrant from 2012-2018 - that's 7 years in a row. 8x8 offers advanced phone services that are perfect for law firms to help you scale your business.
8x8's VoIP phone system and software include:
- Online faxing and auto attendants.
- Voicemail-to-email and find me follow me forwarding.
- Collaboration tools for web conferencing and chat services.
8x8's VoIP phones are designed for legal practices. Their system integrates with an array of office environments making them easy to deploy. 8x8's VoIP service and software are also scalable. 8x8's VoIP incorporates cloud technology to accommodate users without expensive upgrades or hardware. Their legal solutions include cloud-based voice, contact center, video, mobile and unified communications. And, they work with small, medium and enterprise businesses.
VoIP offers effective communication solutions that lower costs. And, you can reach your bottom line. Helpful features include call forwarding and conferencing. You can grow your firm and configure phone settings based on your needs. With more time for clients, there's less time wasted on dropped calls and voicemails. And, you can start seeing the monetary benefits that VoIP can offer your law practice.
When it comes to ensuring legal communication, 8x8 provides reliable and compliant cloud solutions at a demanding level rarely seen by other cloud providers. Don't take your chances with a subpar cloud-based telecom system. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.