How to Choose the Best VoIP for Your Business
If you're a business owner, then chances are you're spending a lot of your time trying to find the best solutions at the lowest cost. As the digital economy becomes more and more central to the ways we live and work, it's important to stay on top of the latest business tools available. Communications and technology are two of the most important aspects of a business to get right, and Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) for business is a critical tool that can really make a difference to your day-to-day operations.
How do you choose the best VoIP for business? By understanding what a good VoIP system can do, and by understanding the needs of your business.
- Ease of Installation: There's nothing more frustrating than investing in a new system and then struggling to get it to work. That leaves you trying to manage callers on your old system, while also transferring to the new. Make sure you invest in VoIP that connects easily and integrates with your network with minimal hassle.
- Scalability: In business, it's natural for there to be a cycle of a good time and bad times. You shouldn't be trapped in a system that restricts the number of VoIP users or that forces you to pay more when you want to add users. Make certain that your business VoIP lets you scale easily.
- Analytics: It's very important for managers to be able to monitor the system and gain insights about the work that a call center is doing. A good system will deliver real-time notifications around performance that can be used to improve the service. When are calls heaviest? Who is taking too long on their calls? How long does it take to resolve certain issues? All of these questions should be answered by the dashboards provided in your VoIP analytics package.
- Mobility: In a mobile-first business landscape, you need a system that understands your employees are on the move. They need to be contactable via one number, and part of ring groups so that other employees can make contact when a particular individual can't be reached. With good VoIP, your customers should be able to reach you 24/7 and be completely unaware that you are not in the office.
- Pricing: Many new users invest in a new cloud-based communications solution when they find their standard telephony costs are simply too high. It's one of the most attractive features of VoIP for business.
Standard Features of Good VoIP
Once the system is up and running, there are many standard features that should be part of your package, including:
- Web-based system administration
- Hold music
- Call forwarding
- Conference bridge
- Caller ID
- Call blocking
- Call waiting
- Call transfer
- Ring groups
- Share one line on multiple phones or devices
- Voicemail to email (audio file)
Boost Your Company's Customer Service With VoIP
The digital economy runs on an incredible mix of cloud computing, powerful mobile devices, big data that helps consumers see trends and social networks that build a sense of community. There's no reason why your company's communications can't take advantage of world-class technology that uses the features of 21st-century business to create a superior customer experience.
Businesses rely on their technology to empower them to be as productive as possible. With 8x8's world-class technology you get everything your business needs in one place. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.