8x8 Virtual Contact Center Release 8.0 Offers New Capabilities
By Max Ball, 8x8 Sr. Product Marketing Manager
The new release of 8x8 Virtual Contact Center product (VCC) is here! Many of our customers have already had their service upgraded and the rest of our customers will be upgraded over the next two to three months. Release 8.0 includes two new capabilities that we believe VCC customers will find particularly valuable:
- Support for multiple browsers. Agents, supervisors and administrators can now use whatever browser they prefer: Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer. Because VCC interfaces are purely browser-based and require no plug-ins or local software, they will all run on the selected browser.
- Mobile wallboards. Supervisors can now view VCC status on their mobile devices, including iPhones, iPads, and Android phones/tablets. The VCC wallboard has been optimized for mobile use.
We have also added and enhanced several other VCC features in Release 8.0. These changes will provide an even better contact center experience for your agents, customers and administrators.
Improved communication tools and UI changes. Shorten the learning process for new agents and make your power users even more efficient. New capabilities include:
- Better tools for agent-agent and supervisor-agent communications
- Ability for agents to prerecord, manage and play messages as appropriate, either during live calls or as an efficient way to leave voicemails
- Cleaner, smarter desktop design
Increased email security. Customers can leverage their own SMTP security environments starting with Release 8.0. In previous releases, email integration required leveraging the 8x8 SMTP environment.
Multiple callback options for customers. Instead of waiting in a queue, customers can request a callback from your contact center. With Release 8.0, your website visitors can now initiate contact from your website and specify whether they would like to be contacted by phone, chat or email. They can even generate a service ticket.
New Report Wizards. Take an existing VCC report and quickly tailor it to provide the information you need right now. If you want to create fully customized reports or integrate report data into other systems, 8x8’s reporting APIs are also available.
Upgrade Without Downtime
8x8’s unique, patented approach means there is almost no downtime for your agents when you upgrade to Release 8.0. Agents will simply be asked to log out of the VCC system and then log back in between calls. No calls will be interrupted. Agents who are offline during the upgrade will automatically be logged into the new release the next time they log in.
8x8 Virtual Contact Center is an industry-leading solution that enables companies to deliver superior customer service. The latest enhancements in Release 8.0 are designed to help our customers continue to differentiate themselves in the competitive marketplace.