8x8 Account Manager—The Privileges Feature
The phone system administrator uses the online 8x8 Account Manager to manage your company’s Virtual Office phone system, update billing information, check call logs and more. But what if others in your company need access? That’s where the Privileges feature comes in.
The Privileges feature allows the 8x8 Phone System Administrator to give other users the privilege (and responsibility) of logging in to the 8x8 Account Manager to manage all or part of your 8x8 Virtual Office phone system.
Why Assign Privileges?
- Share the responsibility for managing your 8x8 phone system with others. For example:
- Assign and train a back-up administrator who can make changes if the primary phone system administrator is not available
- Allow role-based access to specific parts of the Account Manager. For example:
- Your finance person may only need access to the Billing Section to view bills and update credit cards
- You may want someone to be able to only view Call Log reports
(NOTE: Before assigning privileges to an individual, they must have a User Profile.)
Log in to the Account Manager from the top of www.8x8.com by selecting Log In and then Account Manager. Next, click My Account from the top menu of the Account Manager, and then Privileges. To the right above the table, click Add New Admin.
On the next page, follow the instructions to assign Account Manager privileges to a new or existing user. You can even restrict their access to certain areas, such as Billing, Orders, Reporting, etc.
If you have more than one 8x8 Phone System (PBX), you can select which PBX these privileges apply to.
Once you are done, click Save Changes.