Set up Your Help Desk Infrastructure for Efficient Service
Creating the right Help Desk infrastructure can solve many of your organization’s problems. Before you get started, it’s important to understand what this means, the questions you need to answer and what software solution is best for you. Let's get started.
Help Desk Infrastructure
Help Desk infrastructure begins with creating the architecture for the design, setup and management of the help desk to handle requests. Basic Help Desk software can be installed to manage your process and procedures, but custom solutions may need to be added depending on your internal tech already in place.
Your Inventory of Needs
To get started, you need to do an inventory of your needs. Here are six questions you need to answer to determine the architecture of your Help Desk infrastructure:
1. Who are your customers?
It sounds simple but understanding who your customers are and their needs can help you determine how you set up your systems. Will your Help Desk be inward facing to manage trouble tickets for your employees, or will it be customer facing to handle communications and resolve customer issues? Or will it be both? Knowing the answer can help determine how you approach vendors.
2. How do you need to communicate?
We live in a multi-channel world when it comes to communication. It’s not unusual for customers to contact businesses by email, chat or text about an issue they're experiencing. You need to think about how you need to communicate and whether your system can handle things seamlessly.
3. What integrations do you need?
What other software and systems need to be integrated with your Help Desk? If you use a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solution, you will want your customer-facing Help Desk to integrate with it. You may have other specific software, servers or documents that need to be integrated as well.
4. How much flexibility or scalability will you need?
Is your company likely to grow? You will want to create an infrastructure that can grow with you. It needs to be able to easily add, delete or change users without long delays or costly upgrades.
5. Which metrics do you need to track?
In order to maintain quality service levels and strive for continuous improvement, you must be able to measure KPIs (Key Performance Indicators). Knowing what you want to measure to provide optimum service will help you assess Help Desk solutions.
6. Do you need industry-specific solutions?
Certain industries have specific compliance and legal regulations. For example, healthcare has strict privacy and security regulations established by HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) provisions. Do you need a Help Desk solution that can meet these requirements and provide certifications if necessary?
8x8’s Cloud-Based Virtual Contact Center
8x8’s cloud-based virtual contact center provides all the rich functionality of an on-premises software solution, but without the maintenance headaches or hidden costs. As a SaaS (Software as a Service) delivery model, agents can handle inquiries regardless of where they are: in-house, spread out at various work locations, remote or home. If they have a phone, an internet connection and browser, they can be connected to a single platform Help Desk solution.
Here’s how 8x8 approaches each of the infrastructure questions:
- Customers: Whether you are serving an internal constituency or customers with your Help Desk, 8x8’s virtual contact center's flexible and comprehensive features can improve quality and productivity.
- Communication: Voice, text, chat, video, audio and video conferencing, and other channels can be handled seamlessly within the system, including integration with other systems.
- Integrations: 8x8 has its own Help Desk and CRM software, but also integrates with most popular solutions, including Salesforce, ZenDesk, Microsoft Dynamics and NetSuite.
- Flexibility/Scalability: Providing the ultimate flexibility and scalability, 8x8’s online admin portal allows for easy additions and change. Things are done with a click of a button, which means you do not need dedicated IT staff.
- Metrics: No matter what you need to track, robust analytics and performance measurement tools are built into the system.
- Industry-specific solutions: 8x8 systems can be configured to be compliant with most industry-specific needs and provide documentation and certification.
A World-Class Help Desk
Ultimately, your Help Desk will only be as good as the people operating it. Implementing the right software or cloud-based solution can streamline systems and allow your people to work efficiently.
Choose a world-class help desk and SaaS technology solution and focus on what's important: growing your business. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out an fill out an online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.