Get the Most From Call Center Best Practices
No matter your industry, following any number of best practices can ensure your call center doesn't try to reinvent the wheel. Some ideas and practices call centers around the world use just make a lot of sense. Best practices are frequently adopted strategies that are proven to get results and enable call centers to solve problems that frequently occur.
They're basically shortcuts that get you where your call center needs to be without having to rediscover or engage in research to find solutions. A few examples of call center best practices are working to improve customer experience, provide clear feedback to agents, and regularly track important metrics to gauge progress.
Call Center Training Best Practices
Call center agents can only do their best work when they have the right support and training. As such, getting the most from your team requires your organization to have high standards as well as plenty of patience and transparency with all employees.
Here are some of our call center training best practices:
- Give clear feedback: Make sure all feedback given to agents is actionable and clear enough to put into practice. Let your team know they can always ask other questions, too.
- Make any top performers part of your training team: Give them a chance to participate in training sessions, coach new team members, and prepare training materials.
- Involve agents in setting goals for the team: Creating a workgroup of call center agents who can provide input and suggestions on goals for the entire call center can help encourage more agents to take these goals seriously.
Best Practices for Managing a Call Center
Managing a call center is much easier if you pay careful attention to the right metrics. For instance, look at how customers see your organization and how your call center is impacting customers' overall brand experience. To measure this, consider:
- Customer experience: CX is more than just a fad — it's an essential metric that measures how well your company serves its customers. With that in mind, conduct a survey that asks customers what they think of your customer service.
- Churn rate: Within a certain time period, this is the percentage of customers who leave and stop doing business with you. If you have a high churn rate, then you are actively losing plenty of customers. But, if you can successfully boost your customer retention rate by as little as 5 percent, you may be able to increase your profits by 25 percent or more.
- Segmentation: By segmenting your customer base, you can better consider these customers' overall profitability and loyalty. But by not carefully studying your customers and segmenting them, you may never really know who is buying and ultimately making your organization profitable.
By paying attention to metrics, you can check your progress and be ready to make adjustments, if necessary, at a moment's notice.
How CCaaS Can Help
Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) software can help management within call centers train agents and manage operations. By helping to manage call center processes and track key performance indicators, CCaaS enables organizations to set goals and measure their progress toward them. To that end, you can generate reports on your call center's performance and understand what is really happening.
In truth, CCaaS prevents you from flying blind with your call center, and you will know more of what to expect when something changes and be in a better position to act. Call center best practices benchmarking reports can help your organization stay on track. Never wonder how your call center is doing; instead, find out with easy-to-use reporting.
Change Your Call Center for the Better
Thanks to technology and data, call centers can improve and track their progress over time. Training call center agents require clarity, involving your top performers and empowering agents to get involved in setting goals for the call center.
Managing a call center is best done by taking advantage of segmentation strategies, paying close attention to churn rates, and offering a great overall brand experience. CCaaS can help with all of this and make it easier to track progress toward organizational goals for your call center.
Call centers rely on their technology to empower them to be as productive as possible. With 8x8's Virtual Contact Center, you get world-class technology and everything your call center needs in one place. Call 1-866-879-8647 or fill out our online form to request a no-obligation quote from an 8x8 product specialist.