8x8 Granted Five New Patents Related to Cloud Communications
At 8x8, we strive to move our industry forward with new technologies and innovations that deliver better business solutions to our customers and partners. These solutions in turn get employees, customers and applications talking to make people more connected and more productive, no matter where they are.
8x8’s latest contributions are the awarding of five new U.S. patents that cover technology innovations that improve global enterprise communications and contact center solutions. These new patents up our total from 132 to 137 awarded overall.
The five 8x8 patents issued by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) are:
- United States Patent number 9,628,436 titled, “User-configurable dynamic DNS mapping for virtual services,” awarded on April 18, 2017. This patent relates to domain name server (DNS) dynamic mapping for groups of virtual servers configured to provide one or more service offerings;
- United States Patent number 9,641,689 titled, “Virtual telephone extension,” awarded on May 2, 2017. This invention is a method for routing communications optionally using a broadband telephony system having distributed gateways;
- United States Patent number 9,667,488 titled, “Server-based service configuration system and approach,” awarded on May 30, 2017. This patent is related to Internet-protocol (IP) communication systems involving servers providing and managing network-based services;
- United States Patent number 9,674,367 titled, “Remote management of VoIP device contact lists,” awarded on June 6, 2017. This patent enables the configuration and integration of contact lists by VoIP services for VoIP devices; and
- United States Patent number 9,689,988 titled, “Systems, methods, devices and arrangements for emergency call services and emergency broadcasts,” awarded on June 27, 2017. This patent relates to providing emergency call services and to systems, methods and devices for use with emergency call centers.
The velocity of innovation at 8x8 continues to grow, especially as we accelerate engineering initiatives to develop cutting-edge technology. We are committed to meeting the communications and collaboration needs of global midmarket and enterprise companies so make sure to watch this space for more innovation announcements!