Back to Using Your Desk Phone Help Page >
How do I change my voicemail password?
Voicemail settings can be altered via Account Manager; the 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop and Online applications; and your either mobile or desk phone.
Voicemail passwords are first set by the account administrator when creating user profiles for extensions.
To change your voicemail password from your phone:
1. Access the voicemail system:
- From your own extension
Dial 555 and enter your current voicemail password.
- From another extension in your system
Dial 500, enter your extension number, then enter your current voicemail password.
- From an outside line*
Dial your 10-digit phone number. At your voicemail greeting, press the # key, then enter your current voicemail password.
*Note: In yourcall forwarding rules, make sure “no answer” calls are set to go to voicemail.
2. Once connected, press the * key to enter the Main Menu.
3. From the Main Menu:
- Press 3 to enter the User Preference Options sub-menu.
- Press 1 to change your voicemail password. Follow the audio prompts until complete.
- Press 9 to exit voicemail.
For a downloadable Quick Reference Guide to the voicemail phone menu, click here.