Back to Auto Attendant Help Page >
How do I setup ring group forwarding?
In Account Manager, a single Ring Group (extensions that share distribution of incoming calls) can be forwarded to another destination. This ability can help capture calls that arrive after business hours, for example, or during company holidays, when no one in the Ring Group is working. Ring groups can be forwarded either to another internal extension, or to an external number, cell phone, etc.
To forward calls to an external number, you must do two things:
- Point the ring group to an internal extension.
- Point the internal extension to an external number.
To Forward Ring Group Calls to an INTERNAL Extension:
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Select Phone System from the top menu bar.
- In the Phone System menu on the left, select Ring Groups to display the list of existing Ring Groups.
- Find the Ring Group whose calls you want to forward, then select Edit in the Action column. Ring Group Details displays.
- Under Ring Group Details, scroll down to Immediately Forward Calls To.
- From the pull-down menu, select the extension phone number where Ring Group calls will be forwarded.
- Select Save.
If this is the final forwarding destination for this Ring Group, no other action is needed. If you wish to forward calls to an external number, continue to the steps below.
To Forward Extension Calls to an EXTERNAL Number:
- On the top navigation bar in Account Manager, click Phone System.
- In the Phone System menu on the left, click View All Extensions.
- In the Phone Number column, locate the extension you wish to forward.
- In the Actions column, click Edit. The Edit Extension window opens.
- Scroll down and click the plus sign (+) to expand the Call Forwarding rules box. The box displays Call Forwarding rules in the order in which rules are applied.
- In the row(s) for the rule(s) you want to apply, click the checkbox in the Forward to External or Extension column. Then input a phone number in 11-digit format (including the numeral 1; no spaces or hyphens). (You could also forward to another internal extension, if desired.)
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
To Remove a Single Forwarding Rule:
- Repeat the steps to access the Call Forwarding menu.
- In the Forward to External or Extension column, click to deselect the checkbox.
- Click Save Changes.
To Remove ALL Forwarding Rules from a Ring Group:
- Repeat the steps to access Ring Group Details for the Ring Group you wish to remove forwarding from.
- Under Immediately Forward Calls To, select None.
- Click Save.