8x8 Account Manager—The Privileges Feature
The phone system administrator uses the online 8x8 Account Manager to manage your company’s Virtual Office phone system, update billing information, check call logs and more. But what if others in your company need access? That’s where the Privileges
feature comes in.
The Privileges feature allows the 8x8 Phone System Administrator to give other users the privilege (and responsibility) of logging in to the 8x8 Account Manager to manage all or part of your 8x8 Virtual Office phone system.
Why Assign Privileges?
- Share the responsibility for managing your 8x8 phone system with others. For example:
- Assign and train a back-up administrator who can make changes if the primary phone system administrator is not available
- Allow role-based access to specific parts of the Account Manager. For example:
- Your finance person may only need access to the Billing Section to view bills and update credit cards
- You may want someone to be able to only view Call Log reports
Login to the Account Manager by selecting Sign In and then Account Manager from the top of www.8x8.com. Before assigning an individual privileges, that person must have a User Profile. Then select My Account from the top menu of the Account Manager, and then Privileges. Then select Add New Admin.
Next, follow the instructions to assign Account Manager privileges to a new or existing user. You can even restrict their access to certain areas, for example, Billing, Orders, Reporting, etc.
If you have more than one 8x8 Phone System (PBX), you can select which PBX these privileges apply to. Once you are done, click Save Changes.