See What's New from 8x8!
At 8x8, we are constantly innovating, listening and improving. You made suggestions and we responded. See our latest and greatest feature enhancements.
Latest Feature Enhancements (February 10, 2014)
Voicemail-to-Email Enhancements—Turn Off that Blinking Red Light on Your Phone from your Email Notification!
Voicemail-to-Email is better than ever with these new management tools and features:
- More Informative Subject Lines—Addition of caller ID, caller name (when available) and voicemail message length to Voicemail-to-Email subject lines
- Manage Voicemail from Virtually Any Device—Manage voicemail messages directly from your email inbox, from almost any device, including smartphones, tablets and computers.
- Manage Your Voicemail from the Email with New Tools
- Permanently delete voicemails without using your desktop phone.
- Browse multiple voicemails in any order right from your email. You do not need to listen to them in chronological order.
- Turn off your Message Waiting Indicator (Flashing Red Light) without having to log into voicemail, Virtual Office Online or Virtual Office Desktop
- Sort and manage your extension, ring group and call queue voicemails, in one view.
- HIPAA-Compliant Email Notification Management—Additional voicemail notification options that satisfy HIPAA compliance regulations and control email attachment storage by allowing phone system administrators to block (by user) the use of voicemail-to-email attachments, links and email notifications.
Click here for administrator instructions on configuring your Voicemail-to-Email global settings in Account Manager
Click here for the Voicemail-to-Email instructions for extension users
Introducing the 8x8 Virtual Contact Center app for Zendesk with ticketing and self-service tools.
8x8 Virtual Contact Center and Zendesk function as a single SaaS instance with reporting and runtime data integrations, enabling contact centers to increase first call resolution rates, shorten call handle times, and extract the right metrics needed to maximize the efficiencies of the contact center. Zendesk provides the software for agents to track customer issues, tie inquiries to a single customer record and drive agents to a solution. 8x8 manages customer interactions across voice, chat and other channels to ensure customers are connected with the agent who is best prepared to help them.
Highlights of the 8x8 VCC/Zendesk integration include:
- A combined 8x8 and Zendesk single screen SaaS environment
- A fully functioning multi channel contact center supporting phone calls and chat interactions with multiple queues, skills, and routing rules
- The ability to use the number someone is calling from (ANI) to look up tickets in the Zendesk database and "screen pop" ticket information to an agent's desk when the call arrives
- The ability to automatically identify outstanding tickets and deliver relevant customer information to an agent's desktop with each customer interaction
- Consolidated reporting and administrative information - allows organizations to use the Zendesk and 8x8 reporting capabilities to gain visibility into the entire customer experience
With the combined 8x8 Virtual Contact Center/Zendesk solution, organizations can provide the highest quality customer service experience to increase satisfaction and build loyalty while saving money through greater efficiency.
Click here to learn more about 8x8 Virtual Contact Center and Zendesk integration
Existing Zendesk customers can install the Virtual Contact Center App from the Zendesk app store at: http://www.zendesk.com/apps/8x8-contact-center